Because I like today’s jewelry.
Oh and my favorite judge complimented my bag and shoes today (both not pictured). Winning!
Of course, she also asked me to do some pro bono shit, so maybe she was just flattering me! 🤣
We redesigned our firm business cards when we moved offices, and everyone picked out their own color. They just arrived today (finally) and they are fabulous. Mine are pink!!!
This song came on earlier and it reminded me of a conversation D and I had back when we started talking seriously about moving in together. We were both on the same page; that being that there is no way in hell we will put these kids through another divorce, so we needed to be certain that blending our families was something we wanted to do.
I won’t say that it wasn’t without its rough patches, but it really wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. We have been incredibly fortunate with how well our little blended family works. We are a happy, well adjusted family. I am forever grateful.
This song makes me sad, though. Whenever I hear it, I inevitably think about my own childhood. I used to desperately hope and pray that my parents would get a divorce, because our home life was miserable and awful.
Oh and this song seemed to play a lot during my divorce. It’s one of those songs I never noticed until it was relevant to my situation and then it was EVERYWHERE.
I find out my exit (to the courthouse) is closed right as I’m pulling up. There are no advance signs to warn me. Why would there be a sign??? It’s a left exit, of course, so I have to cross 4 lanes of traffic within 20 seconds to get to the next exit, which is the last Missouri exit. Fun times. Fun fucking times. Fuck you very much, Missouri Dept. of Transportation.
- Tonight with the fam was just what I needed.
- 2.5 miles tonight. #RiekAltRunningClub
- And maybe 2 tequila shots.
- F and I watched some Sunny. Her choice!
- Tonight she said, “You give the best fashion advice,” and my heart almost exploded. ❤️
- Also: “Everyone loves the jacket you helped me pick out.” ❤️❤️
- The boy and I had a good run/walk and talk on the first lap.
- He and his dad are moving back in with his grandma in November. I have many thoughts and feelings about this. Mostly, I’m grateful he’ll be with her. I know she’ll always take care of him.
- My other not so nice thoughts about that situation I’ll just keep to myself. Well not to myself but I’ll keep them off the blog. Carrie and D have heard it all. Thanks, babes. 💙
- I have been having the hardest time getting into my BOTM Club pick this month. Cross Her Heart. It’s just dragging and I don’t really care about any of these characters. My goal is to finish it by the end of the weekend. It’s put me in a reading slump, and that simply will not do!
- I think I’m going to do more video blogging. That was fun.
- I say um a lot and twirl my hair when I’m nervous it seems.
- I have a bunch of shit to do for my bestie’s bridal shower brunch on Sunday. So. Much. Stuff.
- But I’m going to curl up in bed and cuddle the pup while I read. The husband is off in his study fighting WWII. I’m good with it because tomorrow night he’s all mine. ❤️❤️❤️
- ttfn xoxo
**this video may not post correctly because WordPress is being a dick.
but even that made me ragey so I deleted the post instead.
I just shouldn’t be around people today.
Here’s one good thing: I have a cheeseburger from Shake Shack on its way to me.
I’m this >< close to losing my shit on someone. I keep trying to pick fights with the assholes who deserve my wrath today, but so far they are too smart to take the bait.
and I’m already super annoyed.
It’s going to be a long day.
Luckily, my schedule looks fairly light; so at least I don’t have to do much interacting with others today.