Faking it till I make it.
This morning I was stopped at a traffic light in Chesterfield, and an older lady in the car next to me honked to get my attention. She motioned for me to roll down my window, and then asked me how I like my car. I have a 2017 VW Beetle Convertible. I told her I love it. It’s zippy, fun to drive, and cute. She then told me that she had ordered one just like mine, and it was set to be delivered this weekend. She said she had even special ordered seats just like mine (I have the vintage style gingham seats). She was so excited! She said she’s wanted one of these cars since she was 14-years-old. The entire interaction was so unexpectedly sweet. It kind of made my morning.
I forgot to put on spanx today and I feel strangely naked without them.
I’ve been wearing my glasses a lot lately because my allergies are terrible. I tried putting in my contacts this morning and NOPE.
I answered the following question this evening:
If you have sex when you’re already pregnant does it turn into twins?
I’m proud of myself because I managed to answer without laughing. 🤣
Then we discussed something more serious. She referred to a TV character who was considering an abortion as committing baby murder. No, no, no. Not okay. So we covered the basics: an embryo is not a baby. Abortion is not murder. Your body, your choice. Etc. I think she gets it now or as much as a tween really can.
Her mother and I are both liberal feminists so I was initially kind of shocked, honestly. She’s still so young though, so I guess it’s just never come up? Makes total sense. I mean she’s not quite 12 years old.
I’m tired now. But she’s been set straight so it’s all good. She’s crazy smart and quite curious, and asks me sooooo many questions when we’re alone. I’m super thankful she’s comfortable enough to talk to me about this stuff. Better me than her misinformed friends.
And now I’m continuing her corruption by allowing her to watch Sunny with me.
Just signed Team Rieken up for IASIP trivia on June 5th.
I woke up today feeling hungover, exhausted, and a bit ragey. The idea of getting myself ready for the day felt overwhelming: showering, doing my makeup and hair, picking out a stylish outfit. So I instead I said fuck it. It’s not my job to look good for anyone but myself and I don’t fucking want to today.
So I didn’t shower; I just washed my face.
I didn’t do my makeup.
I pulled my hair into a ponytail.
I put on leggings and a tee because it’s comfortable.
Oh and now I’m eating cookies for breakfast. Because why not?
Team Always Awake
- I was hot flashing like a motherfucker all day. This was the worst day yet. I was crazy stressed today and I’m wondering if there is a correlation.
- Four different men complimented my dress today. Wtf is up with that? Maybe I should wear this one more often *wink wink*
- “Do you think it’s a problem that Jackson hadn’t had chicken pox yet?” No, but I think it’s a problem that you keep bothering me with fucking nonsense when I’m trying to work.
*insert middle finger here*
- Don’t use that tone with me. (I actually said that to a client today).
- You’re the problem. Please go away.
- Stop. Calling. Me.
- I hope you don’t have cancer.
- Why is everyone so stupid and incompetent? Like how do you even function?
- Let’s just annihilate all the June bugs.
- Sorry I’m not home right now, I’m walking into spider webs so leave a message, and I’ll call you back. Expect not really. Catch the hint.
- I see so much more than you think. You may think I’m an open book but I’m holding so many cards to my chest.
- Fuckery. Pure and simple.
I’m so happy to be home.
I’m also three drinks in and a bit tipsy.