I have seriously overhauled my attitude these past few weeks. I truly do believe that your attitude plays the biggest role in how you feel on a day to day basis, and with that in mind, I have committed to maintaining a good attitude whenever possible. Of course, sadness creeps in from time to time. That happened to me yesterday and a little this morning. In the past, I might have allowed myself to dwell in those feelings for a day (or three), but fuck that noise. Now I’m addressing it head on. I can feel it for a bit, and if I need to cry then I will. Then I get up and turn on “Shake It Out” by Florence and the Machine. Singing and dancing to that song never fails to put me in a better mood. Then I will write a list of the good things I have going on in my life. Here’s my list:
- I can’t believe it is already Friday. I love short weeks. This one flew by. I’m quite excited for this weekend. I pick up cute face this afternoon. Tonight we have dinner plans with old friends. Tomorrow we have much shopping to do. Sunday night I’m going to a highly anticipated concert with Ann (and hopefully my super cute cousin). Plus, there will be much working out inserted throughout.
- I can feel every muscle in my body because I have been working my ass off at the gym. I’m in the best shape of my life.
- My relationship is better than ever. Proper communication really does make the biggest difference.
- Lake trip!
- Business is going really well. Sometimes I look at what we have built and I can’t believe it. We quit our jobs with $6000.00 in the bank and an idea of how we thought a law firm should be run. Look at us now. It’s amazing and wonderful.
- Rekindling relationships with old friends and family has me feeling really happy.
- I feel like all of my relationships are stronger right now, because I am putting the effort into them that they deserve.
- I’m moving to my dream apartment, in my dream location, in less than two weeks.
- I am lucky enough to be loved by many amazing people, and they are not shy about letting me know it.
- Every day I feel the grip breast cancer has had on my life these last seven months slowly loosening.
Life is good. I have to remember how lucky I am.