In an effort to take my mind off of my impending surgery, I have decided to share about the stuff I got from ipsy and Birchbox this month. I have some friends who have asked me about which I prefer, so this is a good opportunity to show what kind of stuff I get. Each subscription is $10.00 per month.
This month I received:
- Nail polish by Club Color in Heirloom Pearl.
- A sample of perfume called Yogini by Harvey Prince.
- A sample of clarifying shampoo.
- A sample of a reconstructing masque (for hair).
- A Kind Healthy Grains Bar: Maple Pumpkin Seed flavored.
- Sumita Beauty – contrast eye pencil.
I really like that Birchbox often includes a snack item. I received a full size Lindt Chocolate Caramel Bar once (that was amazing!!!). The perfume smells so good that I plan to buy a full-size bottle of it. The eye pencil isn’t great. I’m not sure how I feel about the nail polish yet, but it is definitely something I wouldn’t have tried on my own. I haven’t gotten a chance to try the rest of the products yet, but I feel like this was a redeeming month for Birchbox. The past couple of boxes were a bit of a disappointment, and I was considering canceling my subscription.
ipsy always comes with a cute nylon make-up bag, which I think is a nice touch. This month my bag included:
- A really nice eyeshadow brush.
- pop! goes the shadow in Champagne. I just put it on and I really like the color.
- Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil in Naked. It’s a nice neutral color and does last for quite a while.
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in black velvet. Love, love, love!
I think ipsy is where it’s at if you are only in it for the make-up. They tend to send higher quality make-up, which is often a full-size product instead of just a sample. Birchbox gives you more variety, and I have found a few products I’m interested in buying in the future.
I’m glad I don’t have to pick just one, but if I did, I would pick ipsy over Birchbox. Luckily, I can afford the $20.00 per month to get both. Finding the package in my mailbox always makes me smile. I look forward to it every month.