- D & I had this interesting (to me anyway) conversation last night about how I’m super crazy impatient whereas he could wait a million years to make a final decision about something. I think we balance each other out. Our relationship is like that in a lot of ways actually, which is why I think it works so well. I’m not foolish enough to think that we are the only people in the world suited for one another, but I do believe that we are extremely compatible, and lucky to have found one another.
- We were supposed to go to yoga last night, but instead we had sex and went to build your own burger night at Square One Brewery. No regrets.
- I want to express my absolute love of hyacinths. I think they are the best smelling flower. Mmm.
- Also, these lovely trees brightened up an otherwise dreary morning, and it’s a good shot of the federal courthouse where I spend quite a bit of time. It’s a lovely building. (I’m totally a federal court snob. The state and muni courts are so meh.)
- Planning a road trip to go see The Joy Formidable since they refuse to come to STL. Wtf? We saw them in 2013 at Pops and actually were standing right in front of the stage, but I got super sick from chemo and needed to sit down, which I felt so bad about because Dave absolutely adores them. Anyway, I will always remember how this really nice guy offered up his seat for me. He saved our night, which apparently Dave told him before we left. The dude didn’t even realize I had cancer. He was just being a gentleman. There are still nice people in the world, and that makes my heart happy.
- What fun stuff is there to do in Birmingham, Alabama?
- I heard the Toadies cover Heart of Glass by Blondie today and omfg all the heart eyes.
- I got a shitty anon message the other day. Internalized misogyny, huh? Bitch, please. I dare you to say that shit to my face. Just because I don’t like some chick who was a fucking bitch to me now means that I believe that “the lies, stereotypes and myths about girls and women that are delivered to everyone in a sexist society are true?” Because that’s the definition. *epic eye-roll*
- This is the kind of shit that makes me hate super liberals. You’re really not much better than the crazy conservatives, and equally fucking annoying. And I consider myself to be a liberal, for the record.
- I bet I’ll lose some followers over this. I lost several over my Bernie Sanders rants. Number of fucks given: zero point zero.
- My head still fucking hurts and so I’m convinced I have brain mets because that’s life after cancer: every fucking ache or pain = my cancer is back. Of course, I know that realistically that likelihood is quite low because I just saw my oncologist in January and I was NED. That doesn’t stop me from worrying though. Can you have PTSD from cancer because I feel like seriously traumatized by it sometimes?
- I don’t want to end on a low note, because I’m actually in a fantastic mood right now, so let me just say that I have not one, but two (!!) Modcloth orders on the way. And one of them contains this adorable bag:
*squee* It was on sale. I couldn’t resist. Darth Vader is my fave.
(You may be a shopaholic if…)