If I won the lottery, and I’m assuming we are talking big bucks here, I’m not convinced my life would change that drastically. Maybe I’m being naive, but the day to day stuff would be the same. I’d still work. There’s no way I would ever walk away from the law firm. It’s my baby. I wouldn’t run out and buy a new house. I’m more than happy to move into our new place as soon as it’s completed. In fact, I can’t wait. Here’s a list of what I think I would do:
- Immediately finish the basement (complete with bar & wine cellar) and add a swimming pool. These are things we plan to do eventually anyway.
- Hire someone to remodel our bedroom closet.
- Trade in my Mini for a newer version. Mine is a 2013, so not terribly old, but I drove a 2016 the last time my car was serviced and holy shit that’s a sweet ride. I want.
- Buy D the super expensive MacBook he wants so he can play this new game he’s obsessed with. I’d pick up a rose gold MacBook for myself (and give this MacBook Air to Jackson).
- Travel a lot more. Over the water bungalows in Tahiti. Japan. Antarctica cruise. A three/four week European vacation. Machu Picchu.
- Buy all new furniture for the house.
- Pay off my student loans.
- Fund education accounts for the kids.
- Make donations to my favorite charities.