I have gotten so much reading done over my little Thanksgiving break. This week’s list:
- The Women in the Walls by Amy Lukavics
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Once Returned by Darcy Coates
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
Currently reading: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume.
I think my current read is #99 for the year. I’m super excited about hitting 100. My original goal was 52 for 2016. D says I’m a reading machine, but I just love the escape reading provides. It’s relaxing to me. There’s nothing I love more than curling up with a good book.
Christmas all the things
I went out yesterday and bought a bunch of Christmas decor. I decorated the entry way table, the sofa table, and we set up two Christmas trees. I’m not done yet though. I think we will be taking another trip today to get more stuff. I’ll be posting pics when it’s all done.
Relaxed like whoa
I needed this time off. I feel very refreshed. I have spent most of the break just lounging about, reading, hanging with D and the kids. We are in the middle of a LOTR binge watch. I’m technically off tomorrow too, so I have an entire day all to myself before I have to head back to the daily grind.
- I texted “happy thanksgiving” to my mom. She didn’t text back. So…
- I’ve continued limiting my time on social media and it has been great. I don’t really miss it at all. In fact, when I do find myself signing on to Facebook or Instagram I usually only scroll for a minute or so before I’m like meh…and sign off.
- I’m way off the fitness wagon. Need to jump back on. The goal for this month is just to maintain my weight. Because Christmas cookies, cakes, and pies…oh my. I will not deprive myself over the holidays. Fuck that noise.
- I’m looking forward to Cyber Monday because I’m hoping to do most of my holiday shopping online this year.
- I’m taking antibiotics and I can’t drink on them, like not even a little bit, so no wine for me. Boo. I love my wine.
- Things are good. I am happy. Lucky. Loved. Woot.