Haven’t done one of these in a while.
- Catching up with the high school bestie last night was amazing. I heart her so much. I was reminded of that quote, “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance, but never in heart.” So accurate.
- Shit is crazy (good) for D at work and it makes me really happy for him, but he is also really stressed most of the time. It still feels sort of strange to be in a relationship with someone who actually works for a living. And not just works, but has a career he takes very seriously. We were talking last night about how we take care of each other (in many different ways: emotionally, financially, etc) and I was reminded of just how lucky we are to have found each other.
- Yesterday was D’s wedding anniversary with his ex and it is always sort of weird when those come around because you never know how you’re supposed to feel about it. My own ex-anniversary is coming up on the 8th, and it’s just sort of a mind fuck. What used to be a special and important day is now just like any other day, except not really because it’s not like you don’t remember the significance of that date. Idk…maybe someday we will just forget about it altogether? I doubt it somehow. The good news is that it doesn’t really hurt anymore. It’s just a fond memory from another life.
- I’m excited to have the kids with us this weekend. Tomorrow morning, I have an appointment to take Freya to the dress shop to find a maid of honor dress. She’s been saving pics of stuff that she likes so hopefully those dresses will be available for her to try on. I’m very curious to see what she chooses. I have put no restraints upon her regarding style or color or whatever so it will be all up to her.
- Last night after I changed, D told me that he thinks Amelia dresses make all women look sort of pregnant, and I laugh cried because fuck there goes half my wardrobe. Except also joke is on him because now I’m going to buy new clothes. Haha.