To record the memories. In the end, that’s all we have.
- Various states – I’m too tired to try to list them all.
- Mexico – Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Playa Mujeres.
- Grand Cayman
- Dominican Republic (Punta Cana)
- Moving into our house. (Duh)
- DMB on Sunday
- D’s birthday
- Our summer plans.
- The next beach vacation.
- Seeing the look on D’s face when he meets Blink.
- Get in car.
- Drive to Chipotle.
- Order burrito with steak or carnitas, white rice, hot salsa, cheese, and extra sour cream.
- The end.
Seriously though…I don’t really cook. I make pretty decent tacos and chili though. At least D and I think so.
I read a lot of personal Tumblr blogs written by friends, but this list will concentrate on blogs written by people I don’t know in real life.
- Story by Modcloth
- A Little Earthquake – cancer blog/personal. Hasn’t been updated in a few months. I hope that changes.
- The Bloggess – I’ve always been bad about staying up to date on this one, but now it’s in my WordPress feed so yay!
- STL Hops – because beer.
- The Dressed Aesthetic – fashion blog. My favorite.
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.
by Judy Blume
100%/Without a doubt/All time favorite. I still read it at least once per year.
I’m lucky enough to have my dream job. I am a managing partner of a boutique law firm.
Of course, today has been sort of a crazy day at the office, and this afternoon I have 7 hearings, so ask me how I feel about it later. Haha
Seriously though, I love what I do.
- Ribeye steak. Medium rare. With cajun rub and/or blue cheese butter.
- Buffalo wings. The spicier the better.
- Cheese. Especially: goat cheese, blue cheese, and extra sharp cheddar.
- Cake. Except angel food cake. Ugh.
- A steak or carnitas burrito from Chipotle with cheese, white cilantro rice, hot salsa, and extra sour cream.
- Potatoes. Especially loaded & baked, au gratin, and french fries.
- Pizza. My favorite is from Faraci (stl style, baby).
- Sushi – especially rolls with spicy tuna.
I’m hungry now.
The year was 2012 –
I had an affair. I felt very guilty about it, though not guilty enough to stop.
The affair lead to me finally leaving my unhappy marriage.
I dealt with serious drama as a result of both, which was obviously my own fault, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t difficult.
My relationship with D was on again/off again. We had very high highs and the lowest lows. It was rough go that year. It’s hard to start a new relationship amid so much drama.
Then, when things were finally turning around, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. At 33 fucking years old. And they cut off my tits (Nov 28, 2012). (And they poisoned me. And they burned me. But that part technically happened in 2013).
So yeah, fuck 2012.