It’s weird to think about meeting D & K seven years ago, and then we fast forward to today, where I sat between them while watching their daughter, who is now my step-daughter, give a talk (in her class for gifted students) about why Pluto should still be considered a planet.
The talk was fucking awesome btw. She’s such a smart girl. She’s going to do big things. They did a fantastic job on the parenting front. Congrats, you two. She’s amazing. ❤️
Next up: The Conjuring
These were sent to me today, and I adore them.
Family dancing at my bestie’s wedding.
You don’t tell the kid about the trip until you make sure the other parent is on board with it. So glad we get to deal with the fallout from all that.
I’m kinda salty about it. Not gonna lie.
It warms my heart to see how much my son admires D, and how much they’ve come to love each other.
I’m grateful that both kids have so many excellent role models in their every day lives.
I had a mostly chill day. It was good. The highlights:
- Reading. I’m really into my current pick.
- Watching Frey try to teach Jack how to ride his bike without training wheels.
- Listening to them play together upstairs. Right now they’re at these perfect ages where they have common interests and still do imaginative play. I know it won’t last forever, so I like listening in on their little play adventures. I love how much they have grown into their relationship as step siblings. It has been one of those unexpected delights in life. ❤️ ❤️
- D and I snuck away for a quick beer at our local place.
- The fire table is a delight.
- Our family walk. One of my favorite things.
- Motherfucking Ozark, man.
Passport Night at Jackson’s school.