- Hands Down – Dashboard Confessional
- Ants Marching – DMB
- Josie – Blink-182
I’m not really a recipe kind of gal. I leave most of the cooking to D. I’m more of a take-out or dine-out kind of gal. I know my strengths. Betty Crocker I am not.
Back in 2013 during the middle of chemo, D and I went to see The Joy Formidable in concert and I got really sick. The venue had limited seating, so we were stuck standing, and I was so dizzy that I thought I was going to pass out. In fact, at one point I did faint in a bathroom stall. I was desperately trying to hold it together in order to not ruin the evening, as D was so excited to finally be seeing one of his fave bands. Right when I was about to cave and bail, a guy offered me his seat. I started feeling much better once I was able to sit and we were able to make it through the show. That guy saved our night, and I’ll always remember how kind he was. ❤️
To read 100 books this year. I’m currently stalled at 59 because I’m not super into either of the books I’m reading.
To get fit for my wedding. I have ten to fifteen pounds of fat I’d like to drop. I have four months. If I can stay healthy for a while it will be very doable.
Dave Matthews makes me slightly embarrassed to love him when he breaks out into one of his incoherent, stoner, white boy raps. But…I definitely still love him, and live shows just wouldn’t be the same without them. Sorry not sorry. D loves him too now, which makes me happy. ❤️
- Meeting a new cat and/or dog.
- When my kids text and/or call just to say hi when they’re with the other parents.
- Waking up feeling good physically.
I’m dauntless. I do what I want and I get what I want (or at least I go down fighting for it).
So this is easy and obvious: my wedding! But that seems too easy and obvious so here’s a short list of other stuff about which I’m excited:
- Engagement pics! This is happening tomorrow night. I’m so excited to see how they turn out.
- D’s birthday is Friday. We have the kids (yay!) and will have a little party at home for him. I’m excited to give him his gifts.
- Saturday night is adult d&d league. Hopefully my character will be resurrected.
- Sunday we have a full day of brewery stops planned for Father’s Day.
- Monday is Six Flags with the kids!
- Tuesday I’m taking the day off just to chill at home with the kids.
- July 2nd is a brewery day with friends.
- July 15 is a winery day with friends.
I’m starting to love summer. Shhhh…don’t tell anyone. I’m still going to complain CONSTANTLY about how fucking hot it is though.