I try to post every day, even if it is just a pic or a random observation.
Abandoned and/or rarely updated blogs make me sad. I always wonder what happened to the author. Is life so good that they can’t find time to write? That’s what I always hope for. Or did something bad happen? For a while, I had a lot of cancer patient/survivor friends, and I would lose it whenever they would fail to update for a while. For obvious reasons.
Anyway, I’ve been hard on myself lately because I’ve been feeling kind of boring. Happiness can seem boring sometimes. Like the mundane details of my little domestic bliss are exciting to me, but probably not so much to my readers. But…then I remembered that the purpose of this blog is to have a digital scrapbook of my life, and so I should just go ahead and record the mundane along with the exciting. It’s all about the journey, and those details matter. Well…they matter to me anyway.
I read a lot of personal Tumblr blogs written by friends, but this list will concentrate on blogs written by people I don’t know in real life.
- Story by Modcloth
- A Little Earthquake – cancer blog/personal. Hasn’t been updated in a few months. I hope that changes.
- The Bloggess – I’ve always been bad about staying up to date on this one, but now it’s in my WordPress feed so yay!
- STL Hops – because beer.
- The Dressed Aesthetic – fashion blog. My favorite.
- when people are late
- when people drive for a long time with their blinker on (for no reason)
- when a parent refers to their child as “mini me”
- poor grammar
- when people don’t respect personal space
- mother fucking snap chat
- poor hygiene
- long winded people who just want to hear themselves talk. just get to the fucking point already.
I sound like a total asshole.
I hear the fountain roaring and people chatting.
I see lots of people, flowers, and wine.
I’m touching Dave’s ass. And my wine glass.
I smell flowers, fresh air, and alcohol.
I taste all the wine.
My current life soundtrack is as follows:
- Spirits by The Strumbellas
- Run or Hide by Run River North
- Doing It To Death by The Kills
- Bored To Death by Blink-182
- Circadian Rhythm by Silversun Pickups
- Conqueror by Aurora
- Don’t Hurt Yourself by Beyonce
- Graveyard Whistling by Nothing But Thieves
- The Last Thing on My Mind by The Joy Formidable
- Ban All The Music by Nothing But Thieves
I’ve decided to give this a try. I’ve been wanting to do a blog challenge for a while now.
Intro and recent photo:
This photo was taken just now. I’m hiding out in my office because I sort of hate people today.
I’m Jenn. And I’m tired.
Once upon a time, this dude told me that having a blog all about myself was ridiculous and implied that I was incredibly vain. While it may very well be the case that I am vain, I don’t think it’s vain or ridiculous to have a blog. It’s not like I ask people to read this. In fact, I’ve only ever purposefully shared this blog with a few close friends. Everyone else found it in other ways; the most notable of which being Titfest 2015.
And maybe I am vain. I’m the center of my own little universe. Me, Dave, and the kids are in the center. There are a few rings of friends floating around us. Outside of that, I don’t see much. I’ve withdrawn into my only little bubble filled with the people I love, my firm, my (soon to be built) new house, my friends, my cat, and the silly little things that I love. And I choose to document them here because it makes me happy to look back and reflect on the lovely little world I’ve made for myself. I don’t see anything wrong with that.
I put my blog back on the web. I missed being able to view it that way.