The first meet-up of Boozy Bookworms (the book club I started) is tonight at a wine bar in the city. Sounds like we’re going to have a decent turn out. Really it’s a drinking club, but reading a book ahead of time makes us feel better about it!
I wrote a long post and then it got deleted. MF.
- Motivation…I have none. It’s seriously too cold to do anything. All I ever feel like doing is getting under a blanket and reading. This means I haven’t been to the gym in I don’t even know how long. Of course, the cold didn’t stop Dave and I from going out last night for dinner & drinks. I never say no to Six Row. Priorities.
- Speaking of reading, I recently started book #6 of 2014: Eleanor and Park. It’s delightful.
- Jax and I have a super busy weekend ahead of us: The Lego Movie, his bestie’s birthday party, basketball practice, a trip to Dave & Buster’s, and dinner with a friend. If I can manage a trip to the gym on Saturday morning, and finish my book, I’ll call that a successful weekend.
- Things at work are crazy stressful, and I really need a break. I’m very much looking forward to my upcoming vacation. Two weeks from today we will be at the indoor water park.
- I’ve started my own book club. It’s me and four other female attorneys. I didn’t mean to start a lawyers only book club. It just sort of happened. The only rules are: (1) we take turns picking the book each month, and (2) there will always be wine.
- I picked up a bunch of new followers in the last week. Welcome. Check out my about me page if you want.
- I had book club tonight. It was interesting, and I think I’ll go back, but I admit to thinking more than once during the evening: I gave up sex for this. Fail. Tonight was supposed to be date night.
- I finally ordered the stuff I needed for my new Wii from Amazon, and it’s being shipped to an old address. I’m not even sure how this happened. FUCK. So this should be fun to deal with.
- Our water park trip is official. I put down a deposit on the condo today. We are going to the Wisconsin Dells. I have never been to Wisconsin. I am strangely excited. I’m going to eat cheese curds while I’m there. It’s decided.
- This weekend I will be rollerskating. I haven’t roller skated since college. Back in 1998, Brad, James, Michelle, and I drove to Jefferson City to get our skate on. Michelle got her ass kicked by a middle schooler, and I almost got thrown out for trying to fight the middle schooler. Don’t drink and skate, people. I seriously miss college sometimes. Those were the days. #Mizzou-rah!
- OMG that last bullet point makes me sound so fucking old. I’m only 34, I swear.
- Today I met with a client that I haven’t seen since 2011. He didn’t recognize me at first, and finally said, “Oh you are much thinner and your hair is much shorter.” I replied, “Yep, cancer will do that.” I enjoyed the look on his face. Commenting on my body/appearance is not cool, dude.
- Tomorrow is Friday! FINALLY. <3