PiYo is no joke.
The answer will probably surprise you: I’m very much looking forward to my 40th birthday in July. I remember a time when I didn’t think I’d make it. So I’m pretty fucking stoked tbh.
Growing old is a privilege denied to many. I’ve decided to own it and be thankful.
The current plan is to have a party at home with all the besties and have QA play in the basement. It shall be epic af.
I think my 40s will be my best decade yet. 40, fabulous, fit, and fun — those are my goals.
We really weren’t feeling it, but D and I sucked it up and did the 30DS tonight. And you know what? We’re both in a way better mood now. It’s hard to get started
sometimes usually, but I never regret working out.
I also just want to take a second to say I have the best husband in the world. He’s so supportive and encouraging. Even when I’m being difficult. I’m very lucky. ❤️
And your husky thinks he needs to do it with you:
But your cat says fuck that noise:
I’m with kitty. That shit sucked! But it feels good to be back in the game.
3 miles yesterday.
Not a bad start to the week. I should take my old running shoes to the office and leave them there. I could squeeze in a couple of miles during the lunch hour.
I’m hoping to find some good hiking this weekend. I don’t want to fall behind just because we’re on a mini vacation.
- Tonight with the fam was just what I needed.
- 2.5 miles tonight. #RiekAltRunningClub
- And maybe 2 tequila shots.
- F and I watched some Sunny. Her choice!
- Tonight she said, “You give the best fashion advice,” and my heart almost exploded. ❤️
- Also: “Everyone loves the jacket you helped me pick out.” ❤️❤️
- The boy and I had a good run/walk and talk on the first lap.
- He and his dad are moving back in with his grandma in November. I have many thoughts and feelings about this. Mostly, I’m grateful he’ll be with her. I know she’ll always take care of him.
- My other not so nice thoughts about that situation I’ll just keep to myself. Well not to myself but I’ll keep them off the blog. Carrie and D have heard it all. Thanks, babes. 💙
- I have been having the hardest time getting into my BOTM Club pick this month. Cross Her Heart. It’s just dragging and I don’t really care about any of these characters. My goal is to finish it by the end of the weekend. It’s put me in a reading slump, and that simply will not do!
- I think I’m going to do more video blogging. That was fun.
- I say um a lot and twirl my hair when I’m nervous it seems.
- I have a bunch of shit to do for my bestie’s bridal shower brunch on Sunday. So. Much. Stuff.
- But I’m going to curl up in bed and cuddle the pup while I read. The husband is off in his study fighting WWII. I’m good with it because tomorrow night he’s all mine. ❤️❤️❤️
- ttfn xoxo
Took my kid to Dunkin Donuts on the way to school. He got a jelly donut. I got nothing. Every little bit helps, right? Right.
One more day off please and thank you.
Today we hiked six miles on the Katy Trail with Nick, Nancy, Ann, Rob, and all the dogs. Followed by day drinking. Excellent Labor Day.
I’m sore as fuck so tonight’s run is going to suck.
3 dogs, 4 people, 6 miles.