I decided to give LLR Carly another try. I had one before and I gave it to a friend because I thought it looked like a tent when I put it on. This time around I have it tied in the back to give it a more fitted look. That also helps pull up the back, which (imo) is way too long. Much better this way. Thanks to K for the Carly fashion tips!
I included this second pic to show off my hair. It’s getting long, which is exciting. There was a time I seriously worried I’d never have hair again. Oh the joys of chemo! Anyway, I didn’t straighten my hair today and I kind of like how it’s wavy/flippy in its natural state.
On non-custody weekends, I consider the start of my weekend to be Thursday night, which is when the bf and I tend to get a little crazy. One or both of us typically wake up with a hangover on Friday morning. (Today it was his turn, apparently.) We both have stressful jobs, and it’s nice to just let go of all that crap and blow off some steam. We have a bunch of fun stuff planned this weekend. Tonight is our fancy date night, and I am excited. I’m planning on getting all dressed up, though I don’t know what I’m going to wear yet (but…expect a pic).
Also, today is hair cut/color day, so that’s fun, and also much needed. My hair is a fright. I’m considering trying something a little different. The bf surprised me this morning by telling me that he misses my short hair. I hear that from a lot of people actually. I guess I should take that under advisement, huh?
- The weather is amazing. It’s 63 degrees right now. I opened all the windows. I’m hopeful the weather is going to stay like this for a while. It was like 100 degrees yesterday when I picked Jackson up from school. Ugh.
- I’m still fighting off the cold I caught last week. I went to bed early last night, and slept late, but still woke up feeling blah. This sucks because I want to get back into an exercise routine. My goal is to start Ripped in 30 this weekend. I feel out of sorts when I don’t exercise. It has become my natural anti-depressant.
- I think I’m seeing some progress on the hair front, which obviously makes me very happy. But I think I’m going to cut it pixie short again. I miss that look, and it was so easy to maintain. I have had several people tell me over the last few weeks that they loved that look on me. I’m considering something like this:
- I started a fall wardrobe board on pinterest. I need to start accumulating cardigans, boots, tights, leggings, and dresses. Oh and scarves. You can never have too many scarves. I have a cute one with owls that I’m dying to wear.
- I’m crazy excited about fall, which is my favorite season. I have a lot of fun stuff planned, and I’m excited that this will be the first fall since 2011 that isn’t ruined by cancer related surgeries. *knocks on wood*
- I was in a reading rut for a while, but last night I got back on track, so I’m happy about that. I’m currently reading two books at once, which I don’t normally do. (#41 & 42, I believe)
The current state of my hair is not good. It has gotten so thin that it’s impossible to style properly. You can see scalp no matter how artfully I attempt to arrange it. Handfuls fall out every day, and so far I haven’t seen much in the way of regrowth. This is obviously quite distressing, and I cannot believe this is happening to me again. However, I refuse to get depressed about this. I lived through it once, and I can do it again. (It helps that I’m in a much better place now, and don’t care as much about such things, but it does still really sucks.) So I have a wig picked out that I’m probably going to order this week. It’s what my hair would look like right now if it hadn’t started falling out again. I could start wearing my old one, but that seems so obviously fake at this point. Last time I fooled almost all my acquaintances into thinking that was my actual hair, but nobody is going to believe my hair grew that quickly. Does that matter? Probably not. I guess I have some more thinking to do. (That wig was expensive, is in good shape, and is sitting in my closet. I got compliments on my hair constantly when I wore it. Hmm…)
In the meantime, I think I need to set up an appointment with my stylist to get a pixie cut. I cannot deal with my hair like this anymore.
I was talking to my boyfriend about it before he left for work this morning and he was basically like: You are hot with or without hair. Who needs hair with an ass like that?
I love him. <3
Short hair, don’t care.
My stylist is awesome. I heart her.