I love this! Father’s Day 2013 vs Father’s Day 2017
- I cried this morning because hormones. Sigh.
- Breakfast in bed = leftover wedding cake samples.
- I let Jackson go have brunch with his grandmother. He came home with a rose and box of chocolates for me.
- Today is definitely a major cheat day. Cake, chocolate, beer, and pizza has been consumed. Later D has promised me a ribeye and an expensive bottle of wine.
- But…I ran/walked almost 3 miles.
- I’m hoping that once I get my psoriatic arthritis under control I’ll be able to work out more consistently. My appointment is tomorrow morning.
- Movie/nap time with my kiddo.
We told the kids that if they didn’t find all the eggs Zombie Jesus would take them back to his cave. Best parents ever, right??
I love my present from the kids. It’s perfect: 3 Game of Thrones themed journals.
My second favorite gift from D (because clearly the ring was the big winner) was a Red Lobster gift card because:
- Inside jokes ❤️
When I opened the box, my hands were shaking.
When I grabbed his hands, his were shaking too.
The kids were there when he asked. It was a lovely family moment.
I can’t stop staring at my left hand.
Everyone keeps saying, “It’s so you!”
He did a fantastic job.
We have received so many lovely messages from friends.
It’s overwhelming, but in the best way.
Today is a quiet day at home with the kids.
This place is a mess, but I’m in no rush to clean. We have all day.
I want to pick out my next read, then curl up and get to it.
It’s sort of strange (and sad) that Christmas is over.