- This one guy, a client’s “man friend,” whom I got into it with previously, is too scared to come into the office now. He just drops her off and walks her to the door. I’m happy about this. That guy sucks. He knows what I think of him. Scamming motherfucker.
- Not related to the above, I yelled to K today, “PLEASE TELL HIM TO JUST STAY HOME AND NOT TO COME IN HERE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO LOSE MY SHIT IF HE DOES.”
- It is, however, related to the fact that my business partner called in sick today, but is now trying to come in. Not trying to be mean, but I don’t need you here. I’ve got this, bro.
- I don’t understand how one makes a legal determination regarding disposable income and the ability to file a certain chapter of bankruptcy without actually completeting those forms. It isn’t like this was obvious. In the end, I had it figured out in less than 15 minutes. I don’t understand. It’s making me ragey, tbh. This means nothing to anyone but me, I know, but that’s okay.
- I’m going to need a drink tonight.
- Didn’t run last night because I needed a break. Oh and also because I’m reading a book about a (fictional) serial killer, and it’s creeping me out. I’m already kind of scared to run by myself at night even though I don’t leave the subdivision – especially down at the far end where they are still building.
- We are making beef and broccoli tonight and watching TNG. That sounds just right.
- My biggest pet peeve, which I have mentioned a thousand times already, is people being late. It’s so fucking rude. Happening currently. This prospective client is 18 minutes late. I already hate her. Not a good way to start things off.
- I AM (sometimes double) BOOKED EVERY HALF HOUR FOR THE ENTIRE WORK DAY – I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOU TO BE LATE.
- It did give me the time to write this post though. Lol.
- She’s here now, so…
That’s how many appointments are scheduled today.
Send Diet Pepsi and Xanax, please. 🤣
I really need to get out of bed, but fuuuuuuuuck.
when my clients try to use my personal social media accounts as a way to communicate with me. I always ignore it, and sometimes even block them. You have my office number. You have my work email. That’s enough. Leave my private life out of it, for fuck’s sake.
Why have so many bank accounts when you don’t have any money?
10 accounts. WHY?
And a group pic with just the lawyers…
I’m enjoying my work from home situation very much. Not pictured: SATC binge watch on the iPad.
Oh and my desk finally shipped!!! Woot.
My husband is working from home today, too. We have a lunch date in a bit. I want buffalo wings.
I may venture out later to buy an ottoman or coffee table for my study. I can do that sort of thing now that I have an SUV.
When you send a long, detailed email to opposing counsel explaining deficiencies with their pleadings, and this is the response:
I WAS HOPEFULE SHE MIGHT LIST WHAT SHE WANTS LOL
I don’t even know where to start… Sounds like a tomorrow problem to me! Haha.
This is all the enthusiasm I can muster.
Our new car loan is through Fifth Third Bank, and they sent us an actual payment booklet. I’ve heard of these, but have never had a bank actually provide one.
This seems really outdated to me. It’s 2019. What even. But it gets better! Because inside they have instructions, and the instructions get really fucking specific.
DO NOT MAIL THE ENTIRE BOOK.
I can’t stop laughing. I know why they have to put this in here, and in all caps even: my clientele is the reason. One-hundy.
For one panicky moment, I thought I had to go to work tomorrow. Then I remembered I’m off until Monday. 🙌🏻
I’m not ready to go back yet. I will be by Monday. But not yet.
This vacation has been amazing for my emotional well being. Though I’m def worried about what sort of shit show awaits me on Monday, but that sounds like a Sunday night problem to me.
Here’s an example of notes I leave in client files.
She didn’t want a refund, btw. She loves me. 💖