The morning hearings that is.
- I can tell I’m going to have a hard time adjusting to my new paralegal set-up. I’ve had the same assistant for the last ten years, and now she’s transitioning into a different position. I will still be working with her in my crim/traffic practice, but now have a staff of three new bankruptcy paralegals to rely upon, and I don’t wanna. lol. I want K. K is my person. I’m trying not to panic.
- I woke up feeling pretty shitty today, but otherwise in a good mood. The spring allergies are definitely trying to kill me. I also might be a touch hungover from the tequila and prosecco M and I shared last night. My face feels like it’s going to explode. No bueno. I need to stop somewhere in stl county and pick up some Claritin D. (You can’t get pseudoephedrine in my county w/o a prescription, because my county is fucking stupid).
- Speaking of last night, I had such a lovely time. Our relationship has def leveled up these past couple of months, and I am here for it. He really does feel like my actual boyfriend at this point. It’s nice.
- I stayed up late reading last night, and now I need another book. I have several unread books nearby, and a long to-read list on Goodreads, and still I search. It has to be exactly the right book for right now. That’s just how it goes for me. #booknerd
- This weekend has a lot of potential. Tonight is Friday night dinner date with my love, which is always the highlight of my week. How it’s possible to adore someone so much is beyond me, but it’s amazing. We are going to the outdoor beer festival at our neighborhood brewery tomorrow afternoon, which will be tits. N&N want to hang out, so maybe we will invite them along. The kids will be home, and I’d like to spend some quality time with them assuming they allow it. Fucking tween/teens, bro. Oh and I have a Zoom date with MVS on Sunday that I am very much looking forward to. Our first (virtual) date!
Happy weekending, y’all.
The court just granted the motion transferring all of my cases to the new firm. I guess there’s no going back now, huh?
No worries. It’s a relief, really. Now I can cut and run whenever I choose. That idea has become quite appealing here recently, but I must resist the urge. It is not time yet.
Vonage finally got its shit together and imported my phone numbers into DG’s account – so now the client line is ringing at the new firm instead of my paralegal’s cell phone. *praise hands*
Merry Christmas Eve Eve to me!
I just got my client’s prostitution charge thrown out, so I’m feeling pretty good about that.
*pats self on back*
Let’s do some shots!!
I can hear my boss talking on the phone to clients next door, and I just have to say:
I DON’T MISS TALKING TO THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS AT ALL.
Unfortunately, I will be talking to clients more frequently soon, since I am going to start doing consultations again. But it won’t be like it was before, and I am forever fucking grateful.
I’ve been really busy, like too busy to blog, and it feels good. The merger is a lot of work, and everything is chaos right now, but in the best way possible.
I had in-person court this morning for the first time in like 8 months, and it felt fucking fantastic. Fuck… I really miss being in a courtroom several times per week.
My date last night was really good. I wasn’t expecting us to vibe so well, though weirdly my husband totally called it days prior. I guess he knows me!! Anyway – we had drinks, and a bit of food. We talked very candidly about all the things. Then we made out for about 15 min in his car. We’re already planning our next date. Let’s be blunt: you’ve gotta see if the sex is good if dating is going to work, so we need to bang. The making out was quite promising!
His wife messaged me this morning and said he’s been gushing about our date. 🥰
I love having this type of relationship where I can be dating someone while being friends with his wife. That’s so cool. I kind of really dig poly life, which I never would have expected. So much of it depends on open, honest, frequent communication. I’m looking forward to discussing some things with my husband tonight during our happy hour.
I have more to say, but the boss (I have a boss!) is waiting on me.
I’m happy. ♥️