- This one guy, a client’s “man friend,” whom I got into it with previously, is too scared to come into the office now. He just drops her off and walks her to the door. I’m happy about this. That guy sucks. He knows what I think of him. Scamming motherfucker.
- Not related to the above, I yelled to K today, “PLEASE TELL HIM TO JUST STAY HOME AND NOT TO COME IN HERE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO LOSE MY SHIT IF HE DOES.”
- It is, however, related to the fact that my business partner called in sick today, but is now trying to come in. Not trying to be mean, but I don’t need you here. I’ve got this, bro.
- I don’t understand how one makes a legal determination regarding disposable income and the ability to file a certain chapter of bankruptcy without actually completeting those forms. It isn’t like this was obvious. In the end, I had it figured out in less than 15 minutes. I don’t understand. It’s making me ragey, tbh. This means nothing to anyone but me, I know, but that’s okay.
- I’m going to need a drink tonight.
- Didn’t run last night because I needed a break. Oh and also because I’m reading a book about a (fictional) serial killer, and it’s creeping me out. I’m already kind of scared to run by myself at night even though I don’t leave the subdivision – especially down at the far end where they are still building.
- We are making beef and broccoli tonight and watching TNG. That sounds just right.
- My biggest pet peeve, which I have mentioned a thousand times already, is people being late. It’s so fucking rude. Happening currently. This prospective client is 18 minutes late. I already hate her. Not a good way to start things off.
- I AM (sometimes double) BOOKED EVERY HALF HOUR FOR THE ENTIRE WORK DAY – I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOU TO BE LATE.
- It did give me the time to write this post though. Lol.
- She’s here now, so…
when my clients try to use my personal social media accounts as a way to communicate with me. I always ignore it, and sometimes even block them. You have my office number. You have my work email. That’s enough. Leave my private life out of it, for fuck’s sake.
Why have so many bank accounts when you don’t have any money?
10 accounts. WHY?
When you send a long, detailed email to opposing counsel explaining deficiencies with their pleadings, and this is the response:
I WAS HOPEFULE SHE MIGHT LIST WHAT SHE WANTS LOL
I don’t even know where to start… Sounds like a tomorrow problem to me! Haha.
Sent this to my assistants this morning. 😊
Here’s an example of notes I leave in client files.
She didn’t want a refund, btw. She loves me. 💖
For the first time in my legal career, I got up in the middle of a hearing and offered to help a pro se (unrepresented) debtor in order to keep her from digging herself further into a very deep, dark hole. She was setting herself up to get her discharge revoked and maybe even a criminal charge. All because she is trying to protect someone who doesn’t deserve it.
It will probably end up biting me in the ass, but I still feel like it was the right thing to do.
We had a chat, and she hugged me before she left. I told her I’d call her on Monday to figure things out. I hope she actually follows my advice.
My client emailed to let me know she wouldn’t be in for a while due to a foot surgery. In that email, she felt the need to include an upclose pic of her bloated foot, complete with thick yellow toenail.
I can’t. I just fucking cannot.
I’ll spare you the visual. I did send it to the lawyers though, and also to my husband. Haha. I’m a peach like that.
These people literally pay me for advice that they don’t follow.
I told this one guy to get me some IRS account transcripts so that I could make sure his back taxes are dischargeable. I’m pretty sure they are. Instead, I get an email from him two months later asking if he can file bankruptcy while his IRS settlement is pending. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU AGREE TO REPAY TAXES THAT I CAN GET WIPED OUT IN BANKRUPTCY? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NOT LISTEN TO THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY FUCKING MOUTH? Oh right, because your friend the accountant told you something different. Obviously you should listen to him over your fucking attorney. Cool, cool, cool.
Oh and earlier a client’s mom called to ask if we would call and yell at the client, who is a 21-ish year old, because he is a lazy piece of shit and refuses to finish his community service, which means he’s going to have his reduced sentence revoked. I’ve already yelled at this dude, but he thinks he’s a rule breaking bad ass. He thinks he’s so fucking hard…maybe he needs to go to jail and find out he isn’t?
Do panic attacks count as cardio? Lol.
and cunt troll better not fuck with me today, because I’m not in the mood for her snarky bullshit. I will lay this bitch out.