All day every day.
I have perfected it. Haha.
You’ll never be able to say I was rude to you, but you’ll def know this bitch ain’t playing.
I got to have much needed drinks with these two this afternoon after a long docket full of fuckery.
I look awful here, but I wanted to capture the moment anyway. I love these ladies. ❤️❤️
Old school attorneys often do this thing where they act like a total dick until they know you for a while, almost like a hazing; I’m talking unnecessarily mean. You have to prove you’re worthy of their professional respect. This is particularly true in criminal law.
So…This prosecutor at city muni has been a real ass to me the last couple of months, but today he was super cool. We actually laughed about some stuff, and he talked shit about his co-worker to me. My persistence paid off!
It seems silly, but it felt like a victory, and I left court smiling.
You make your own happiness. I’m a true believer in that. So now I have to figure out what will make me happier with my career, and then actually do it.
I’m tired of being this miserable, tired, bitchy version of myself.
I have to accept that by putting up certain boundaries/making changes, I will piss off/hurt certain people in my life. It is not my job to carry anyone other than myself.
Say it. Repeat it. Mean it.
It has been a hard day for both lawyering and mothering, but, in the end, I think I nailed it.
I’m tired though.
Can’t trust a Monday.
I’m only finally getting to eat at 3:30.
I’ve been in court all day – different courts too – so I’ve been running around like a crazy person, dealing with shitty people and their stupid bullshit. I’m proud to say I was extremely gracious throughout, despite being hangry and hot. Ugh it’s so fucking hot.
It’s going to be a tequila kind of night.
- This one guy, a client’s “man friend,” whom I got into it with previously, is too scared to come into the office now. He just drops her off and walks her to the door. I’m happy about this. That guy sucks. He knows what I think of him. Scamming motherfucker.
- Not related to the above, I yelled to K today, “PLEASE TELL HIM TO JUST STAY HOME AND NOT TO COME IN HERE BECAUSE I AM GOING TO LOSE MY SHIT IF HE DOES.”
- It is, however, related to the fact that my business partner called in sick today, but is now trying to come in. Not trying to be mean, but I don’t need you here. I’ve got this, bro.
- I don’t understand how one makes a legal determination regarding disposable income and the ability to file a certain chapter of bankruptcy without actually completeting those forms. It isn’t like this was obvious. In the end, I had it figured out in less than 15 minutes. I don’t understand. It’s making me ragey, tbh. This means nothing to anyone but me, I know, but that’s okay.
- I’m going to need a drink tonight.
- Didn’t run last night because I needed a break. Oh and also because I’m reading a book about a (fictional) serial killer, and it’s creeping me out. I’m already kind of scared to run by myself at night even though I don’t leave the subdivision – especially down at the far end where they are still building.
- We are making beef and broccoli tonight and watching TNG. That sounds just right.
- My biggest pet peeve, which I have mentioned a thousand times already, is people being late. It’s so fucking rude. Happening currently. This prospective client is 18 minutes late. I already hate her. Not a good way to start things off.
- I AM (sometimes double) BOOKED EVERY HALF HOUR FOR THE ENTIRE WORK DAY – I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR YOU TO BE LATE.
- It did give me the time to write this post though. Lol.
- She’s here now, so…
when my clients try to use my personal social media accounts as a way to communicate with me. I always ignore it, and sometimes even block them. You have my office number. You have my work email. That’s enough. Leave my private life out of it, for fuck’s sake.
Why have so many bank accounts when you don’t have any money?
10 accounts. WHY?