Tag Archives: lawyering
some tuesday tidings
I woke up feeling pretty good today. My energy is high (for me). I think today will be a good day.
On today’s agenda:
- Cleaning all the things.
- Finish up drafting a few legal docs.
- Taking the boy to get a much needed haircut. He def has my hair – well the hair I used to have pre-cancer. It grows quickly and is very thick. His dad is bald, and has been for years, so he got lucky.
- Picking up the girl from band at 4:30. I’m just waiting for her to ask if she can go to her bf’s house or if he can come here. Ugh. She is obsessed with this kid, and it is affecting everything she does (including her life goals – like she doesn’t want to go to college anymore, just wants to marry this kid). He was here last night. Had dinner with us. Then later they got busted getting it on – yep, yep, yep that happened. D is freaking out/furious/disappointed. I don’t know what to do with her anymore. There is a lot more going on that I am not going to share here, but none of it is good. She is quite the handful right now. I’m just lucky that she confides in me so that I can try to keep her from going completely off the rails. She does seem to take my advice to heart most of the time.
- After that, I have to pretty myself up for date night with my gf. We are going to Dave & Busters tonight. I’m so excited.
Tomorrow morning, I’ll be driving about an hour for an in-person court hearing. It sounds like I only need a continuance, so it sucks that this requires an appearance, but it will be sort of good to get out into the mix; even if it is for something fucking stupid.
I do hate the clerks down in this particular county though. The PA, too. They are all a bunch of dicks and they hate the “big city attorneys” and treat us like shit. One of them asked me once if I was stupid because I asked about one of their procedures – I’m serious. LOL forever. Fucking hicks. I bet I get the Delta Variant down there.
Anyhoo – I have high hopes that these cancer meds are actually working for me, and that is maybe why I am feeling better, and that maybe life will feel normal for a bit. I/we deserve it.
Oh right…I almost forgot.
I’m going into the office tomorrow to fix an epic fuck up made by my ex business partner back in like 2013 that is just now coming to bite us (meaning me) in the ass. This motherfucker. 🤯
This is how we do it…
The morning hearings that is.
the perfect introvert work set-up
back in the saddle again
- I can tell I’m going to have a hard time adjusting to my new paralegal set-up. I’ve had the same assistant for the last ten years, and now she’s transitioning into a different position. I will still be working with her in my crim/traffic practice, but now have a staff of three new bankruptcy paralegals to rely upon, and I don’t wanna. lol. I want K. K is my person. I’m trying not to panic.
- I woke up feeling pretty shitty today, but otherwise in a good mood. The spring allergies are definitely trying to kill me. I also might be a touch hungover from the tequila and prosecco M and I shared last night. My face feels like it’s going to explode. No bueno. I need to stop somewhere in stl county and pick up some Claritin D. (You can’t get pseudoephedrine in my county w/o a prescription, because my county is fucking stupid).
- Speaking of last night, I had such a lovely time. Our relationship has def leveled up these past couple of months, and I am here for it. He really does feel like my actual boyfriend at this point. It’s nice.
- I stayed up late reading last night, and now I need another book. I have several unread books nearby, and a long to-read list on Goodreads, and still I search. It has to be exactly the right book for right now. That’s just how it goes for me. #booknerd
- This weekend has a lot of potential. Tonight is Friday night dinner date with my love, which is always the highlight of my week. How it’s possible to adore someone so much is beyond me, but it’s amazing. We are going to the outdoor beer festival at our neighborhood brewery tomorrow afternoon, which will be tits. N&N want to hang out, so maybe we will invite them along. The kids will be home, and I’d like to spend some quality time with them assuming they allow it. Fucking tween/teens, bro. Oh and I have a Zoom date with MVS on Sunday that I am very much looking forward to. Our first (virtual) date!
Happy weekending, y’all.
it’s finally official
The court just granted the motion transferring all of my cases to the new firm. I guess there’s no going back now, huh?
No worries. It’s a relief, really. Now I can cut and run whenever I choose. That idea has become quite appealing here recently, but I must resist the urge. It is not time yet.