- Perfectly imperfect
- a Pomeranian puppy
- a better waist-to-hip ratio
- my pre-chemo hair
- a winning Powerball ticket
- a personal assistant
How close am I to achieving these goals?
I’m working on D about the puppy. Persistence is key.
I’m also working on shrinking my waistline. I have a waist trainer on the way, too.
My pre-chemo hair is a lost cause. I’ll miss you forever, bae.
The lawyer pals and I are still playing the Powerball consistently.
A personal assistant…maybe if I actually win the Powerball.
Five things you’d find in my bag:
- lip gloss (glossy gloss and rose gloss currently)
- several blue ink pens (for work & court…all legal docs must be signed in blue ink)
- oversized, black, cat-eye sunglasses
Five things in my bedroom:
- a super cozy platform bed
- lazy, fat tabby cat lounging upon said bed
- me, buried under a pile of blankets, cuddling said cat, and blogging via my iPhone about stuff that literally nobody else cares about.
- so much Lularoe 😌
- books, photos, jewelry, and tarot…oh my!
Five things I want to do in life:
- grow old with D
- sell my law firm and make mad bank $$$$$$
- travel to many unusual locales
- laugh a lot
- eat, drink, and be merry (and married)
Five things that make me happy:
- My (soon to be) husband
- Our kids
- My gorgeous home.
- wine & weed & zero fucks given…they all make jenn a happy girl.
Five things I’m currently into:
- Skin care: Neutrogena Hydroboost everything is my jam right now, but I’m still going to make an appointment with a top notch dermatologist to get Tri-Luma and chemical peels for this old ass face of mine.
- Poetry. I have some to share.
- Interior decorating
- Being the best possible version of me.
Five things on my to-do list:
- Get my PsA meds approved sometime in my lifetime.
- Be healthier.
- Write poems.
- Date myself.
- Get it. (It being: whatever the fuck I want).
Tagging anyone who wants to do this. ❤️
- Hotel reservations for wedding weekend
- Flower contract and deposit
- Freya’s dress etc
- Shoes, headpiece, undergarments
- Music list for TKO
- Plane tickets to Miami
- Reserve convertible (via National)
- Pet sitter
- Meet with Ann about officiant stuff
- Marriage license
- Order cake topper
- Addresss list
- Order invitations
- Write vows
- Order checks
- D is at his best in the summer. He loves it so.
- It’s raining again.
- It better not rain this weekend. We have Microfest (beer festival) on Saturday and we are staying at a hotel in the city. We have many plans. Almost all of which involve being outside.
- I need a fun, adult oriented weekend god dammit.
- I have been in a bit of a reading funk recently. I’ve been in a bad headspace. I’m finally back to it. I finished a couple of books yesterday. Last night I (barely) started Into the Water by Paula Hawkins. She’s the author of The Girl On The Train. Just a couple more essays to go and I’ll be finished with One Day
We’ll All Be Dead And None OfThis Will Matter, which is really good btw.
- I shouldn’t risk it, but if my knee continues to improve I’m going to do another 30DS tonight. (30 day shred workout). It’s hard on the knees, but it is so fucking effective.
- I have a bunch of wedding appointments to make. I have emails about scheduling the engagement photo session and our menu tasting. I also need to email the lady about what cake flavors we want to try next weekend. Oh and respond to the florist about setting up a consultation. And…I just want to hide under the blankets.
- I’ve gotten really shitty about responding to texts.
- I’m in this weird meh headspace. I just don’t give much of a shit about most stuff.
- I think I’m going to read for a bit and then maybe watch a movie.
- Sorry this post is so fucking boring.
- How is it Sunday already? Boo!
- Yesterday, Frey and I went to Michaels and bought some stuff for the house. There were a couple of bird cages I wanted as finishing touches for the entry way table. We bought her some LED string lights (lantern style) for her bedroom and she was so excited. It’s weird, but our little Michaels excursions are some of our best bonding time. *heart*
- Today D put together Jack’s new desk & chair and Jackson is just thrilled about it. I love it when the kids are happy.
- Milestone with the kids last night. They are growing up so fast. Too fast.
- D and I went out to a friend’s graduation party last night, and it ended up feeling more like a swinger party. Haha. It was fun though.
- Schlafly Hoppy Wheat and Schlafly Rye IPA are pretty tasty.
- Better Call Saul.
- D&D tonight with the kids. And fro-yo.
- I’m really enjoying this final season of Girls.
- Recently I’ve had several women in their early to mid twenties reach out to me for advice and/or tell me they consider me a role model. I’m very touched by this. Like…wow. Thanks, ladies. xoxo
- Our bedroom closet situation is not good and, as a result, our bedroom floor is covered with clothes. We’ve decided to purchase an armoire for D. He will move most of his clothing into it and then I will take over the entire closet. I believe we will both be happier this way.
- The weather was gorgeous yesterday so D and I went on a run together. I did way better than I expected, and it felt amazing to be out in the fresh air.
- I can’t believe it’s April already. We have a busy month ahead. I’m tired just thinking about it.