- The bf and I went to the beer festival this afternoon. (Wolpertinger)
- His ex-wife was there with her bf, and she came up to us and said hi. She even introduced us to her bf. This may not seem like a big deal, but if you would have asked me 2 ½ years ago if that was a possibility I would have told you no fucking way. It was pretty ballsy of her to do it, and you could tell she was nervous, but it was really fucking cool. So…shout out to her for being awesome.
- That’s not to say it wasn’t super strange, because it definitely was. I still can’t believe it actually happened. It made my bf really happy though, and that makes me happy.
- It’s interesting b/c recently I have had a few conversations with my ex that have led me to believe that he’s in a good place right now. He seems happy. All of the bitterness seems to have faded away. It sounds like he may have a gf (or potential gf) that he’s really into. I hope it works out. I want him to be happy. He deserves it.
- There was a lot of good beer this afternoon, but the Wolpertinger beer was so nasty that I almost spit it out. Ugh. Try harder next year, UCBC.
- I haven’t been able to stay up past 9:30 pm the last two nights, and it’s not looking much better tonight. This jet lag has got to go.
- The best part of today: I got three hugs/cuddles from the bf’s daughter. That made my heart happy. Progress!!
We spent the day wandering around Reykjavik: food, drinks, shopping, and sightseeing. A ridiculous amount of walking. My legs hurt.
The time change is a bit of a mind fuck. We took a three hour nap, but otherwise we have been up since Tuesday morning. I’m feeling a bit zombie-ish.
Tomorrow we leave for our hiking trip. No Internet for 4 days!
The boyfriend took this pic on the way to the Arcade Fire show yesterday:
The band requested everyone wear formal attire or a costume. It was a great show. Lots of fun. We went with Danielle and Ross, and they are always excellent company.
We made stops at 4 Hands and Square One before making our way to the venue, because beer.
Suberi and I checked out Olio tonight. Olio is a super cute wine bar that’s down the street from my apartment. We loved it. Good food, good drinks, good company. It turned my day around. Another place to mark off the “things to check out in stl” list. I’ll definitely be going back.
I had some of the best pinot noir ever, btw: Terra Sancta Mysterious Diggings Pinot Noir, Central Otago – 2012
Most of Saturday was spent at a concert. A large group of friends and acquaintances went to see: The Neighbourhood, Greek Fire, Cage the Elephant, Silversun Pickups, and Imagine Dragons. It was a really great show, though I’m not really into Imagine Dragons (and neither are Dave or Robert) so we left before their set ended. (I don’t understand how they were the headliners, when Silversun is just so awesome, but whatev) Cage and Silversun were so good, like really, really good. I liked both bands before going, and now I like them even more. I was a bit disappointed by The Neighbourhood. They were better when I saw them at Blueberry Hill. Greek Fire was okay. I wasn’t familiar with them before yesterday.
This was my first time sitting in the lawn. I’m not sure I want to do it again. It was too crowded, too hard to get back to your area after bathroom breaks, and there was way too much smoking. As Dave said, we are too rich and too old to sit in the lawn. I totally agree.
Labor Day winery trip to Mount Pleasant. We also stopped at Augusta Brewery on the way. It was a lot of fun, but I think I need a break from drinking for a while. Neither of us are feeling very well.
But I have to say, I totally love this guy. Like I’m head over heels, crazy in love with him. He makes me so happy. This was another great weekend spent together.
Yesterday was a ton of fun. Dave and I had lunch at The Boathouse, and then rented a paddle boat for an hour. It was crazy hot, but we had a lot of fun paddling around the lake. Afterward, he took me to Union Station to buy a jersey for the baseball game. I’m so not a baseball person, and I’m definitely not a jersey person, but we thought it would be fun so we went for it. (And it was surprisingly fun.)
After shopping, we grabbed a drink at Bridge Tap House and Wine Bar. Then it was off to meet Danielle and Ross. We had drinks at 360 and then went to the game. Our seats were great. I’ve never been that close to the field before. After the game, we went to Flying Saucer for a drink, almost got into a fight on the way out, and ended up playing Monopoly at Ross and Danielle’s place. It’s strangely fun to play when you are intoxicated.
Six Row and The Schlafly Tap Room. We saw one of the worst bands ever last night. I found out that Dave is really good at darts. I found out that I am not. Also, Danielle and I spent a lot of time staring at Dave’s hot ass. It was a good night.
- Masterchef is back. Yay. Some guy’s specialty is cooking roadkill for dinner. Um…puke. Beaver tail? No thanks.
- This was a great weekend. The best I’ve had in a long time.
- Danielle is on her way to being my new bestie. We have way too much fun together.
- My nails look fabulous. Gel french manicure is a major win, as was girls’ afternoon with Danielle and Kristie.
- I’ve discovered I am now a size 2 dress size. Fuck yes. My hard work is really paying off.
- The down side is that I have a lot of dresses to give away, and a lot of stuff I need to buy.
- I went to a family bbq today and had an excellent time. I need to spend more time with that side of the family. They are amazing. I have an invitation to spend the 4th with them, and I think I just might.
- Week two of rads is completed, and I’m feeling pretty good. My skin is a little pink and slightly sore, but nothing I can’t handle. I hope it stays that way.
- I’m running a Memorial Day 5k tomorrow morning (because my trainer is making me). I’m hoping I’ll set a new post-chemo personal record. I’m also hoping it doesn’t rain.
- I had a consultation for lash extensions, and she said my lashes aren’t long enough yet. I’m supposed to go back in a month. (I rocked fake lashes for my big date last night, and I must say I did a pretty good job. We looked really good. I wish I had gotten a pic.)
- I got to experience three new places this weekend: Top of the Riverfront, Flying Saucer, and Rooster. I love exploring St. Louis. I plan to make more of an effort to do so.
- The Biotin supplements seem to be working. My eyebrows are really filling in.
- One week from now I will be watching The Neighbourhood in concert! I found out today that my cousin and her husband are going too. This is going to be super fun.