I slept in this morning and it was fucking glorious.
Did some tidying up around the house because tonight is game night. I have four lovely gentleman coming over to play the Battlestar Galactica board game. I’m super excited! And lucky. 🙂
Gotta go grocery shopping later to pick up supplies for tonight. Dreading that. Weekend grocery shopping is the fucking worst. I may pop a Xanax before I go.
I want to wear something fun tonight. I have a new skirt I haven’t worn yet. I might have to build an outfit around it.
I realized last night that I have somehow never seen the movie Annabelle. So I think I’m going to watch that now. Though Red Queen is also calling out to me. Decisions, decisions.
Happiest of Saturdays to you and yours. I will be updating throughout the day. I bought a huge bottle of Jameson for tonight so there will be shenanigans I’m sure.
my “day in the life” postings –
- Current status: in bed, a little fucked up from Xanax, listening to Hole.
- I walked several miles on the treadmill while watching Labyrinth.
- David Bowie was so sexy in Labyrinth (and in general). That scene where he’s dancing with Jennifer Connelly at the ball while he sings As The World Falls Down…all the heart eyes.
- Currently alternating between reading The Long Winter and Starring Sally J. Freedman As Herself. Yay for revisiting childhood favorites.
- It took all my willpower not to go to Petsmart and adopt a cat today. I knew my bf would be crazy pissed. That’s the only reason I didn’t do it.
- My favorite song from Rocky Horror Picture Show is I’m Going Home. I always cry.
- It didn’t snow much. I feel ripped off. Oh and now it’s crazy cold outside. It was beautiful while it lasted though.
- There is a 70% sale going on over at Modcloth.com and I’m feeling very tempted. I have a cart full of super cute stuff.
- I binge watched Making a Murderer all morning/afternoon. I’m now in the middle of episode seven, but I needed a break so I turned it off. I am so disgusted and outraged by the entire thing that I actually feel sick.
- I’m planning a big purge. I have so much stuff to get rid of before we move. I’m glad I have several months to sort it all out.
- I ran hard this morning and it felt so good. Will be doing so again tomorrow.
- Tomorrow is a Sunday Funday. We are taking the kids to the Science Center and to see The Force Awakens in the Omnimax theater.
- I hate that the reply function is gone. I really hope Tumblr unveils its new plan soon, and I very much hope that plan involves the ability to reply to comments.
- My kid is currently obsessed with Ghostbusters.
- I hope this rain stops by tonight.
- I’m trying to decide if I want to dress up in my Leia costume to take Jackson trick-or-treating tonight. He’s Luke Skywalker, so…
- I went to bed early last night because this was a rough fucking week. I woke up feeling refreshed. I hope the feeling lasts.
- I need to run. But meh. In the words of Mac: I’m not fat, I’m cultivating mass.
- Up too early.
- Dark & rainy.
- Fluffy white robe.
- Pumpkin white chocolate chip cookie & Diet Pepsi.
- Unlimited lives on Candy Crush.
- It’s delightfully cold today. I’m in bed wearing a big fluffy robe and lying under a sheet, duvet, and quilt. I’m still kind of chilly.
- We have too much to do today, but I’m going to squeeze in all the relaxation time I can.
- I love these lazy Saturday mornings with my kid. When he woke up, he got into my bed, gave me a cuddle, and said, “I’m so happy to be here with you.” Heart melted. This kid!!!
- I’m having an interesting text conversation with the bf this morning. I like the direction this is taking. Way to be vague, Jenn. Haha.
- I just heard the sound of skidding wheels and crunching metal outside. I got up to look and it’s a three car accident and it’s right in front of my place. Air bags deployed. People yelling. Yikes. Now I hear the police sirens.
- Tonight we have a date with D & F. We are excited.
Saturday stuff. The highlights:
Flamingos ate right out of our hands.
Black jack and roulette. We won.
A fun show at the resort.
A romantic walk on the beach.
1. Poor Dave is so sunburned. I feel bad for him.
2. There is a stray cat here that I’ve been feeding. This happened last year in Cancun too. Poor little kitty. There are also tons of tiny lizards. I wish I could pet one. They are adorable.
3. I’m still a little weirded out about my client being here. Mostly because she acted so weird about it, and started drunkenly exclaiming, “Oh my god, my bankruptcy attorney is here.” She’s the one who called out to me. She even had a resort employee grab me when I didn’t hear her at first, so I wanted to be like, listen bitch, you started this awkwardness, not me. Honestly though, I think the problem is that she’s been telling me she can’t afford her case, but she’s here on an expensive vacation. (This place is pricey, but maybe she didn’t pay…idk). Ultimately, I don’t give a shit what she does. Yolo and all that. I ended up patting her on the back and telling her it’s all good. Her, not as drunk, bf gave us an out, and we bailed.
4. We have a room that has a small, private pool in the back. We have been putting it to good use, and daydreaming about the pool we are going to get when we buy a house.
5. The beach here is one of the most beautiful I’ve seen in real life. Prettier than Mexico, Jamaica, Hawaii, or Grand Cayman. The resort pool is also amazing. The swim up bars are delightful.
6. I miss my kid, and my cat, but I love getting to spend this time with Dave. We are having a great time, and I’m happy.
It’s Saturday. Why won’t these kids sleep later? They wake up and demand food at like 7 am. They wake up earlier on the weekend than on weekdays. Why? Kids, man.
My treadmill is out for delivery!
The bf is next to me still sound asleep. I’m jealous.
I’m drinking Diet Pepsi and contemplating what to do with the day. I’ll have the kids all day while the bf does his band stuff.
I think I’m going to start reading Station Eleven as suggested by delgrosso.
We had thai food last night after yoga and I’m really wishing I had leftovers to eat right now because yum.
– I love Michigan. Great beer, fantastic weather, and beautiful scenery. Today we are supposed to do a big hike and tonight we are going on a booze cruise. ❤
– Things are really fabulous on the relationship front and I’m not sure I could be happier. On Wednesday, before the DMB show, we looked at a house together for the very first time. That was very exciting and just omfg squee.
– I’m getting fat. Fat and happy, but def fat. I’ve got to get on this before I gain all the weight back. Serious diet and exercise time when I get home. In the meantime, the brewery tour of Michigan continues.😊
– I read last night that a cat cafe is opening up in Saint Louis. A place where I can drink tea and cuddle cats all day? Sign me up! Sounds dangerous though, because the cats will be adoptable and I’m going to want all of them. I just know it.
– We head home tomorrow, but we are stopping at Bell’s on the way. I’m so very excited.
– I’m happy. ❤❤
– Jackson is trying to teach me to build shit in Minecraft and it’s both fun and completely frustrating. We are both ridiculously stubborn. *sigh*
– I rediscovered Kelly Willis last night. I bought my two favorite albums on Amazon Music last night and I’ve been listening to them over and over. (Easy & What I Deserve. They aren’t on Spotify. WTF, Spotify?) It’s a blast from the past, but in the best way possible. One thing I can say for my ex: he has always had amazing taste in music. (And he totally reminds me of the Jack Black character in High Fidelity).
– I woke up to discover I was out of Diet Pepsi, so I had to drink the Diet Mountain Dew I keep on hand for the bf instead. Ugh. Epic grocery shopping fail.
– I’m reading Those Girls by Chevy Stevens and it’s so good. I was hooked from page one. I’m over halfway through now, so I’ll def finish it this weekend. I’ll be sad when it’s over. The first major scene in the book was like a brutal reminder of growing up. If domestic violence, rape, and torture are triggers for you: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.
– I’m feeling crafty today. I’m going to venture out to finally buy my embroidery hoop so I can start on my needlepoint project. I also feel like making some cards/writing some letters. If you want one, message me your address. I love handwriting letters. Emails are so impersonal. Also, getting mail is just fun.
– Minions tonight! In the suite seats. With the bf and his daughter. ❤❤❤