I fucking loooooove my new car, though I’ll miss my Mini for sure. She was a good girl. ❤️
It’s my favorite month! ❤️
- I have a goal of running a mile per day this month, so at least 31 miles total. I’m off to a good start with a 3 mile run!
- The weather is perfect. It’s currently 68 degrees. We have the windows open.
- Speaking of windows, today’s home improvement project was covering the huge window in the master bath. Now I can be naked without worrying someone can see (or catching them looking in…ugh). Woot!
- Sorry, boys. Show is over. 😘
- We have new neighbors. A young couple with a toddler.
- D and I are doing a Breaking Bad binge watch just because.
- Tacos tonight. Mmm.
- I love Saturdays!
- D told me the other day that he listed me as his emergency contact for a race he’s running, and under “relationship” he listed “partner.” He said it’s because girlfriend just doesn’t sound right to describe our relationship anymore. I thought it was cute.
- We spent the afternoon cleaning the old house so that the realtor can set up an open house. It was hard work and we still have a lot to do. Going back tomorrow.
- The hard work will be well worth it when it sells. We have a lot of big plans for that money. Swimming pool. Vacation. And some other stuff that will remain a secret for now.
- Whenever I think about secrets, I think about that episode of The Backyardigans, where they sing, “I’ve got a secret. I’m going to keep it. I’ve got a secret, and I won’t tell you!”
- I’m such a mom.
- I’m exhausted. Can I has nap, plz?
- No rest for the weary.
- We have a wedding reception to attend tonight. So soon I have to get myself showered and put together. I’m a fake bridesmaid. I say fake because the wedding has already happened (the couple eloped) but a few of us are bridesmaids for reception purposes, which really just means we are wearing matching dresses.
- It works for me. Way less work than being an actual bridesmaid.
- Isn’t it weird how you can be in someone’s wedding and then never talk to them again? That happened with me and one of my bridesmaids. Actually, she was the maid of honor. Anyway, she just lost her shit immediately before, during, and after the wedding so things were never really okay between us again. Then I was in a different friend’s wedding and we ended up growing apart. We barely speak now.
- More later. Maybe.
- slept in
- pajamas all day
- finished Why Not Me?
- watched YouTube videos on knitting.
- two hour nap
- more reading
- 30 Day Shred
- 1 mile run
- bubble bath
I’m not sure what I’m going to do next. Maybe read. Maybe watch some Fuller House. Drink wine? Smoke weed? All I know for sure is: I LOVE SATURDAYS!
I can’t wait to be doing this stuff in the new house.
- awakened by horny bf for sex
- back to sleep
- more sex
- rush around like crazy person to get kid ready for music lesson
- music lesson
- lunch with kid at our favorite pizza place
- back home where he played a video game and I took a 2 ½ hour nap (it was glorious)
I’m thinking I will now watch SATC 2, since the bf and I watched the first SATC movie last night. We had a conversation about marriage on Thursday night that reminded me of when Big and Carrie decided to get married, so he wanted to see it for himself. I’m confident he regrets it and wants his 2 ½ hours back. Haha.
Then later (after the kid goes to bed) I want to watch Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension. Or maybe I should make Dave watch that one with me. Hmm. Decisions, decisions.
File under: things that made me happy today.
Things that should also be included, but aren’t pictured:
- leftover pizza
- kid cuddles
- cat cuddles
- afternoon naps
- new bubble bath
Today is off to a good start.
I didn’t sleep much, of course, but I woke up feeling pretty good. Especially considering how much wine I drank last night. And bourbon. I drank a bit of bourbon. Still not a fan.
The wedding was so much fun! And so very beautiful. The Peabody is such a gorgeous venue. We ate, drank, danced, and laughed. Dave and I have discovered we love dancing with each other. It’s probably my fault we didn’t discover this before. I wasn’t really into dancing until recently. I’m a terrible dancer. I just don’t give a fuck anymore. (We are still planning to take those swing dancing lessons, but we want to wait until we are living together.)
We talked about our own wedding and what we will do differently. Though I do think last night may have swayed Dave a bit on his no big wedding viewpoint. I think he had way more fun than he was expecting. Plus, now he has a bromance going with one of my colleagues. Bourbon and cigars brought them together. Yay for new couple friends.
I woke up this morning to two hungry kids, and so I made them blueberry pancakes. I used to hate domestic stuff like that, but now I really enjoy it. It’s funny how things change. We also made some progress with Freya and Violet (my cat). Violet is an asshole until she really gets to know you. Today she actually let Freya pet her. Freya was so excited and it was adorable. Then Violet ruined it by hissing. *sigh* Still…progress. Freya told me her new kitten has been biting and scratching her, so now she is less scared of Violet. (It used to be a real issue for her that Violet still has her claws. I don’t believe in de-clawing cats so we had to have an awkward conversation about that. Apparently, her cats at home are de-clawed.)
Thanks for all of the compliments last night. You guys are the best! Dave’s reaction was awesome. He saw me and he just said, “WOW!” and stared for a while. He told me like fifty times last night how beautiful and/or hot I was. *heart eyes*
We have a busy day ahead of us, but I’m feeling bloggy so more later.