in the guest bathroom redo: paint!
We went from grey to teal.
It’s hard to see the true color in these pics, but it’s gorgeous.
We will be replacing the mirror and all the fixtures. It will be ready to use by the party on Saturday night.
I love it! It was fun to do this with my husband. This is the first big home improvement project we’ve done together. It’s good practice for the landscaping we plan to do in the spring.
And shout out to the neighbors for letting us borrow their snow shovel. 😆
We will be acquiring our own asap.
It’s still snowing btw. Fucking cray!!
Our neighbors left this surprise on our front porch.
The sweet older lady who lives behind us, Judy, just called to tell me we have the most beautiful Christmas tree she’s ever seen. Stuff like that is why I love living in the suburbs. ❤️
We started this process today. Even now we’re not even halfway done decorating it.
Our ladder wasn’t tall enough. Luckily, our neighbor, Mindy, was able to bail us out.
It’s breathtaking though. Once it’s finished, I’ll share a pic.
The neighbor’s chihuahua hates Bismarck so much. It incessantly yaps at him whenever it’s outside.
Biz gives zero fucks.
Oh and this is finally happening:
I ran the dog around the block tonight while wearing my bathrobe, so I believe I have officially unlocked the crazy suburban pet mom badge.
My neighbors got “flocked” by a local church youth group a few nights ago, and I stole one of the flamingos on my nightly walk. Ain’t no shame in my game. I’m going to put it in my backyard. 🤷🏻♀️
- I survived night four.
- D got his flight moved up so that he’s arriving in STL at 10:30 pm on Friday. Only two sleeps to go!
- I usually message him around 10:30 pm (5:30 am in Spain) with sappy things that he’ll read when he first wakes up. I miss him so much. The days aren’t too bad, but the nights are brutal.
- I woke up this morning with an awful headache. The cause is a toss up between allergies and stress.
- Excederin has become my new best friend these last few months.
- As has Benadryl. I took two last night since the kids weren’t home. 😴😴😴
- With D being gone, I’ve been taking Bismarck on his night walks. It never ceases to amaze me how vibrant the stars appear out here in the suburbs. It’s a definite perk of the suburbs life.
- The downside? Running into neighbors that want to chat. I don’t like making small talk with neighbors, but it’s like a suburban wife/mom duty and ughhhhhh.
- For the most part, our neighbors are cool, and I like them, but one of the husbands gives off a pervy vibe when we’re alone. He’s always complimenting my appearance, and I’m giving him major side eye. Also he’s a raging conservative and isn’t shy about expressing his opinion. I really like his wife though.
- I’m working from home today so I can concentrate on trial prep. I’m giving myself a 9 am start time, so I’m just going to zone out for the next hour.
- Tonight is a custody night. It’s going to be another movie night. I think they’re going to love tonight’s pick. One silver lining of the husband’s absence has been that the kids and I have spent some serious quality time together. It was weird not having them here last night, but it was also nice having a break.
- I leave you with something insanely cute to brighten your day:
Cozy kitty! The purring is loud with this one.