- My poor boy is sick. His dad texted me earlier that he has a fever and sore throat. So the new Monday plan is to work from home so I can take care of him.
- My joints are a mess. My knees and my hands are all swollen. My ring finger is too swollen to wear my wedding ring. This makes me sad.
- It’s going to be like -4 degrees Tuesday night and ughhhhhh. I saw a meme earlier that said it feels like January 74th, and…yeah basically.
- We spent the day chilling out. Hangover mode.
- My eating was a mess this weekend. Gotta get back to basics tomorrow. I saw some pics of myself and ugh for real. Do I really look like that?
- I’m having Sunday night anxiety big time, which is the only reason I’m actually blogging at all right now. I thought maybe it would help. It hasn’t really. I don’t even have any particular thing that’s bothering me. It’s just a general feeling of dread that suddenly hit me like a fucking wall.
- It will be good to have the kids back tomorrow. It was nice to get the weekend to cut loose, but I need my little chickens back at home. I have some stuff I’d like to do with them tomorrow night if Jackson is feeling up to hanging out.
I hope you had a fantastic weekend, and that the week ahead is gentle. 😘
on a Sunday morning. So let’s do an early Sunday seven.
- I haven’t been on my phone much. I’ve been busy. Plus it’s easier to ignore the phone when the family is all here at home. When we don’t have the kids, I feel like I need to be available just in case. After all, you’re never really off duty as a parent.
- The kids and I did some clothes shopping. I’m afraid I’ve turned Freya into a shopaholic. Oops. Anyway…I bought a black faux fur coat at H&M, and I’m absolutely enamored. So much so that I had the shop girl cut the tags off so I could wear it out of the store. It’s surprisingly warm, and extremely stylish.
- Frey and I finished Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and woo lord it’s really good. I’m hooked. So many good Netflix shows right now.
- I’m trying some new natural remedies for various ailments. If they work, I’ll share. I’ve done a lot of research and I’m feeling really hopeful.
- It is cold. Mama like.
- I did a substantial Facebook purge
today yesterday, and I’m calling it round 1. Next up: the family purge. Because fuck it.
- Spence is here this weekend, so we did a round of D&D tonight. More tomorrow. The kids are thrilled.
Night, night. I have a sleepy husband to cuddle.
Sunday is almost over, so I better get on this:
- Another amazing weekend with my amazing husband. I’m the luckiest.
- I made two new friends this weekend, and I see all of us spending many more amazing weekends together in the future.
- We ended the weekend seeing David Cross, and he was hilarious. His Trump rants were EVERYTHING. But why is there always that one drunken, dumb ass, dick bag motherfucker who has to heckle the comedian? Why? And why are they always sitting behind me?
- I miss my kids and my fur kid. I can’t wait to be reunited tomorrow afternoon.
- I probably gained like 10 pounds this weekend. Back to exercising tomorrow. Oh and I’m actually looking forward to not drinking for a bit.
- I have two more days off. 🙌🏻
- My book and bed are calling. xoxo
I had a mostly chill day. It was good. The highlights:
- Reading. I’m really into my current pick.
- Watching Frey try to teach Jack how to ride his bike without training wheels.
- Listening to them play together upstairs. Right now they’re at these perfect ages where they have common interests and still do imaginative play. I know it won’t last forever, so I like listening in on their little play adventures. I love how much they have grown into their relationship as step siblings. It has been one of those unexpected delights in life. ❤️ ❤️
- D and I snuck away for a quick beer at our local place.
- The fire table is a delight.
- Our family walk. One of my favorite things.
- Motherfucking Ozark, man.