– Jackson is trying to teach me to build shit in Minecraft and it’s both fun and completely frustrating. We are both ridiculously stubborn. *sigh*
– I rediscovered Kelly Willis last night. I bought my two favorite albums on Amazon Music last night and I’ve been listening to them over and over. (Easy & What I Deserve. They aren’t on Spotify. WTF, Spotify?) It’s a blast from the past, but in the best way possible. One thing I can say for my ex: he has always had amazing taste in music. (And he totally reminds me of the Jack Black character in High Fidelity).
– I woke up to discover I was out of Diet Pepsi, so I had to drink the Diet Mountain Dew I keep on hand for the bf instead. Ugh. Epic grocery shopping fail.
– I’m reading Those Girls by Chevy Stevens and it’s so good. I was hooked from page one. I’m over halfway through now, so I’ll def finish it this weekend. I’ll be sad when it’s over. The first major scene in the book was like a brutal reminder of growing up. If domestic violence, rape, and torture are triggers for you: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.
– I’m feeling crafty today. I’m going to venture out to finally buy my embroidery hoop so I can start on my needlepoint project. I also feel like making some cards/writing some letters. If you want one, message me your address. I love handwriting letters. Emails are so impersonal. Also, getting mail is just fun.
– Minions tonight! In the suite seats. With the bf and his daughter. ❤❤❤
I had a busy morning of lawyering and now I want a nap. I haven’t been sleeping well lately and it’s starting to catch up with me. Tonight is my night! (At least I hope it is.)
Lunch date with the bf this afternoon. Yay.
Dinner date tonight with the bestie and Naarah. I would normally have Jackson tonight (and this weekend) but he is going to Texas with his dad and grandmother instead. To stop myself from being depressed about it, I have decided to fill up my week/weekend with fun activities.
This was probably not the best week to start a new horror novel. Oops.
Yesterday I totally Facebook stalked my ex and his new gf. (I know, I know.) They are cute together, and appear happy. This made me quite happy, and also relieved. The guilt eats at me still.
I’m expecting (yet another) Modcloth package to arrive today. *squee*
Despite everything, my ex and I have an excellent co-parenting relationship. Jackson got into trouble today and we just tag teamed that shit via phone.
Parenting is hard. Divorce makes it even harder. I’m glad we don’t let all of the personal bullshit between us interfere with Jackson’s well being.
I want to send this to my ex, but I won’t.
I really identified with this. At one point, it was like he was describing my life with my ex-husband. The points contained in this post, especially #3, are realizations I had that finally convinced me I needed to call it quits.
While I am still occasionally sad about it, I have no regrets. Life is too short to spend with someone who makes you unhappy. No matter how much you love them.
Love does not equal compatibility.
Love Is Not Enough
Getting a text from my ex that starts out, “I wish you hadn’t…”
Oh, really? Well let me just start a list of all the things I wish you hadn’t, or better yet, that I wish you had.
I hope you have all night.
For fuck’s sake.
I’m an excellent ex-wife. Sure…I broke his heart and all that, but I just picked up his meds for him after his surgery, and I take care of all of his legal issues for free. I am very flexible with the custody schedule (so that he can go out on dates). I pay for his cell phone. I’m never late on support payments. I could go on, but you get the idea.
My friends tell me I’m a sucker. I prefer to think I’m just a nice person. Besides, I loved him once, and he’s the father of my child, so it seems like the right thing to do.
And yes…I feel guilty. I will always feel guilty.
when your ex-husband brings his girlfriend over to your place because he has to drop something off. (The something in this case being the fucking cat. Ugh.)
Yeah, that seriously just happened.
So this happened. My ex sent me these pics last night. Jackson has been asking to cut his hair “like daddy” and Grant decided he should fix the terrible haircut Jax got on Wednesday. (Great Clips blows). Unfortunately, he put on the wrong guard, and now my kid is mostly bald. He’s still adorable though, and apparently quite pleased.
Good thing he has a super warm winter hat. It’s currently 4 degrees outside.