I found the most perfect seashell today!
- I’m going to try to do a Facebook Live every Wednesday. I’m calling it Weed Wednesdays – lol. I did my first this morning. If you want to check it out: https://www.facebook.com/jenn.alter.rieken – it’s set to public.
- I’m currently reading The Final Girl Support Group, which I’ve been looking forward to for ages. I’m about a third of the way through, and I’m disappointed so far. I think it has been too hyped. My plan is to finish it today.
- Next up: For Your Own Good by Samantha Downing, which I’ve also been anxiously awaiting. I’ve loved all of her stuff so far, so expectations are high.
- I woke up feeling pretty good today, and I hope that lasts. I hope it at least lasts through tomorrow, since tomorrow is my birthday!!
- D and I have both been struggling with our aging as of late, but we agree that the only thing worse than aging is not aging. Still, we want to try harder to control the chaos once we get home.
- There isn’t much to report really. We are in full-on relaxation mode. The beach is healing. I adore the ocean, and am in awe of it. My early mornings sitting out on the balcony are becoming my favorite time of day. I’m going to miss it, but hope to find a way to make that time of day equally as relaxing once I get home.
- I do miss my fur babies very much. My neighbors are doing a fabulous job with the girls, and send me updates, which I very much appreciate. I wish we were getting more updates on Bizzy. He’s being boarded. (Violet isn’t allowed to be boarded. Lol. It’s a long story).
- I’m so appreciative of this time off/away. I’m not quite homesick yet, but I feel it coming. I miss my pets, my bed, and my gf.
- I have a gf. 🥰
- Trying to decide if I’m going to take Frey to the outlets today for some shopping. 🤔
- Life is good. 😘😘
Tonight, Jackson DM’d his first RPG: Star Wars Edge Of The Empire. He did a great job, and he was super excited. (It was soooo cute. Please don’t tell him I said that).
PS: My character (Oskara) was a total bad ass.
We went on a mini road trip today, like a road trip within a road trip. A subset?? LOL. Anyway – first stop on today’s agenda was lunch at LoDa Bier Garten. Then it was off to see the USS Alabama (battleship), and USS Drum (submarine) at the battleship memorial park; something to which the boys were very much looking forward.
I struggled physically on this outing, but it was so worth the effort to see how happy it made my two guys. I cannot express how happy their close relationship makes me.
(I really hope my ex-husband does the right thing when the time comes).
The wifi here sucks my nuts.
This condo is nice, and the location is fabulous. The view is incredible. I definitely understand, however, why they call this area the “redneck riviera,” like whoa.
Today someone built a sand castle that said “Trump 2024.”
Fuck right the fuck off with that, sir.
I hate the way I look, but oh well. I’m going to be in all the pics, and I’m going to post them, too. It’s important. Memories are being made.
I’m finally truly relaxing, and it’s nice.