- The gym: I’m surprisingly into it. I’ve started benching! I can only do the bar for now. Baby steps! I’m looking forward to going back on Thursday. We’re shooting for at least once per week. On the other days, I’m doing 30DS and run/walks. I’m feeling really good about things right now.
- Currently looking into ordering some new workout clothes. I’m tired of looking frumpy at the gym. Plus I’ll need them on Saturday afternoon for the Microfest run.
- Haven’t done much reading this weekend. I’ve been busy. It’s cool, though. It’s better this way. I feel like I have more energy than usual. It’s probably because of the exercise.
- I’m excited because D is done teaching. Finally! He has the final exam to proctor still, but otherwise he’s all mine again on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Yay!
- Lots of cleaning and decorating this weekend. Also some time with friends. It’s been a good one.
- It’s hard to believe it’s almost May. Especially considering how chilly it still is a lot of days. I’m pumped for May though: lots of fun stuff happening.
- We will be finishing out the evening by grilling some burgers, and watching GoT. The big battle is finally here!! I’m nervouscited! Only one more hour til go time!
- It has been a quiet, chill weekend.
- And also a cold weekend. I’ve spent almost all of it under a blanket.
- Another snowstorm graced us with its presence today. We had to head out on the slippery roads to get Freya from her friend’s house, so we decided to go out for lunch too. We only got stuck once and I maneuvered us out of it fairly quickly. Not too bad for a VW Beetle.
- We paid a neighborhood kid to shovel the driveway and sidewalk. A good way to spend $20. Especially since I expect things will get quite icy overnight.
- I have a short work week ahead: just three days. I have much work to squeeze in that time.
- D and I are going out of town on Thursday. He is spending the week after in the Cleveland office, and since I’ve never been to Cleveland, we decided to do a weekend away. I’m excited to meet up with friends on Friday night, and to check out the local brewery scene. Southern Tier is within walking distance of the hotel. Our friends are going to spend Friday night at the same hotel, so I imagine we’ll stay out late getting good and drunk. I also hope to do some shopping. I’m sure we’ll check out the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame too, because duh.
- I’ve been obsessing over decor for the mantle in the great room. It needs a make over. I have an idea in mind – just need to find the right pieces.
- We’re making another new recipe tonight. I think there’s going to be a lot of that this month. I’m in a try all the new things sort of mood.
- I think it’s related to cabin fever. I need spring. The winter weather has beaten me down. I have a head full of plans for spring. And summer, too.
- I survived the bridal shower. I think it went quite well. We had a cute theme: Dirty Dancing. A loves that movie. The food was excellent. It was a classy little pool side party, and I think A really enjoyed herself, which made all the other nonsense well worth it.
- I’ve heard a few things this weekend that have me thinking about how so many relationships just aren’t what they seem. You see these couples who look so happy and fabulous on social media, and then you find out that it’s all bullshit. Every couple has problems, obviously, but it’s such a mind fuck when you start seeing some of the cracks in these “instacouples” as I like to call them.
- Idk, dude. I’ve just heard about a lot of relationship issues this weekend, like serious fucking problems where these people should be considering splitting up, and it has me feeling a bit bummed, but also super fucking grateful for what I have with D.
- It also makes me love some of our couple friends all the more. I can think of two couples right now where their love for each other is genuine and beautiful and warms my heart. D and I love spending time with both of these couples because of that. It’s always fun and drama free: just how we like it.
- My sister, K, texted me out of the blue today, and it was kind of scary actually because I was just thinking about how I miss her and need to reach out more. She has changed so much, like really grown into herself. I’m so proud of her, and how she has gotten her life together. She was telling me about our other sister, who is addicted to heroin, and is apparently going to random hospitals and giving my sister’s information when it’s time to collect billing info. So now K is geting harrassed by debt collectors over all this shit.
- Oh and the Thanksgiving drama continues. K is probably going up for the family Thanksgiving dinner, and she wants me to go too, obvs, but she’s being cool about it. I just don’t understand why mom can’t come to STL and have a family Thanksgiving without that shit head she lives with. Well, I do understand. I just don’t fucking like it. And, honestly, I’m not going to be the one to compromise this time. We have all made our choices, and now we have to live with those choices.
- Wow this post is kind of dark. I didn’t intend that when I started it, but I did want to get all this stuff out of my head. With that accomplished, I’m going to pack away the laptop and spend the rest of this evening with my husband and son.
- Today was my first ren faire. Jack’s, too. Jackson LOVED the joust. D loved the giant turkey leg (lol) and the beer. Freya and I left with flower crowns. (I wore mine to the grocery store after. You can imagine the looks I got. Haha.) Jackson left with a shield. D wanted a real sword, and I *almost* convinced him to leave with it, but it was too expensive considering our super expensive wedding we are still paying for.
- When we got home he looked at me and said, “I should have bought that sword.” I almost kicked him.
- There is always next year. I had my head turned by many expensive costumes. I will definitely buy one next year when I’m not paying for a fancy ass wedding.
- We didn’t start out expecting the wedding to be so much, but we have expensive taste, so…
- Speaking of the wedding, we are essentially one month out. Squeeeeeee! Our friends were like: you have to make a registry because we’re going to buy you shit and we want it to be shit you actually like. So we made one on Amazon tonight and it was actually really fun. It’s a work in progress, but it is mostly games, booze, records, and miscellaneous nerdy shit. Love.
- Last night, D and I went to the city to hang with C & J (and another couple) to celebrate J’s bday. She’s 33. (She makes me feel old. She makes D feel even older.) We love them though. They’re about to have a baby…like she will pop anytime now. I’m so excited for them!!!! I can’t wait to babysit.
- I’ve been in a ridiculous amount of pain this weekend. I’m worried the Otezla isn’t working/isn’t going to work. I don’t want to think about that right now though. I can’t deal.
- I want to get back to running. D and I have a running date tomorrow. I hope my knee(s) cooperates.
- I’m off tomorrow (yay!). I have brunch plans with Carrie. Can’t wait!
to keep from laughing at how absurd my weekend has been. We somehow worked-in both 1) an epic seven hour game of D&D, and 2) some insanely hot group sex. My life is shaping up to be pretty fucking awesome.
What’s funny is that immediately after #1, we got into a huge, ugly, drunken argument that turned into us both crying and carrying on like dramatic, hysterical assholes about basically nothing, and then we woke up the next day laughing at ourselves. It has happened before. It will happen again. And honestly? I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s so us. It’s simply a side effect of living life so passionately.
The weekend was a whirlwind of activity and I didn’t really get a chance to post. I want to write a catch up post, but there was so much and my thoughts are a bit chaotic right now so this might be a mess.
- I finished Couch to 5k Week 3!
- Birthday dinner friday night with the family, followed by cupcakes and Super Smash Bros.
- D got me a lovely necklace.
- Freya is in a running club and she needs an adult to run a 5k race with her at the end of the season. She asked me to run with her!!
- We moved a bunch of our stuff in and essentially started living together this weekend. I think it went really well all things considered. I won’t lie though…it helped that the kids were both gone on Saturday night. It gave us all some breathing room.
- We went to see our house on Saturday afternoon. OMG so much progress has been made. The flooring is down. The bathroom shower is tiled. They’ve started installing the cabinetry in the kitchen. The mantles are up on the two fireplaces. It’s really looking good and I’m so excited to see more.
- Saturday night we hit up a couple of our favorite places to drink. Eventually we ended up at our favorite wine bar, which was super busy, but we got VIP treatment from the manager. It was pretty bad ass really. He waited on us himself and made sure we had a place to sit asap. I was super impressed by the customer service. Though, to be fair, we spend a lot of money there, and I’m a member of their wine club.
- And…then I got so drunk I left my credit card there. Oops. This is becoming a thing with me.
- After dinner, we went to see the new Star Trek movie. Hated it.
- Sunday stuff: I went to an outdoor concert with some girlfriends yesterday. Tribe Society, Collective Soul, and Goo Goo Dolls. Holy fuck it was hot as hell. We were all soaked after like an hour outside. It was fun though and I’m glad I went.
- There was an epic storm last night. The thunder and lightning was intense. Freya woke us up because she was scared so none of us (except Jackson) got very much sleep last night.
- I woke up feeling pretty homesick this morning. I missed my cat and my favorite blanket. My pillows. My fans. My bed. This is a big adjustment. That’s not to say that I’m not happy, just that it’s a lot of change all at once. I wish we were able to move straight into the house, but oh well. This will be way worth it. I’m going to bring the essentials over with me this week.
- I went and paid for the storage unit today. My lock is on it. The movers are confirmed for Thursday morning. This is actually happening!!!!
- My bestie is coming over tonight to help me pack and so we can have a last girls night in this place before I move out for good.
I have Sunday night anxiety in a big way. I haven’t had this in several weeks. I’m bummed that it’s back. I think it has something to do with the court hearing I have tomorrow morning.
In at attempt to quell said anxiety, I have taken two Tylenol PM. I am happy/proud to say that I haven’t had any Xanax or Lorazepam in over a month now. Go Jenn!
While I’m waiting to fall asleep, I figured I’d do a weekend recap –
- Friday night was very chill. The boy and I hung out at home. I did much reading. This has actually been a very reading intensive weekend. I finished four books (though 2 were novellas to be fair) and I started a fifth.
- I also started packing! I started with my closet. There is still a lot to do, but I can’t do more without acquiring some more packing supplies. I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow after work.
- Last night, D & I went out for dinner and drinks. We played some foosball. Then we headed over to The Ready Room for the Drowners/The Joy Formidable show. It was so, so, so good.
- Today (Sunday) has been very relaxing. I woke up with all of my loves in one place, which always makes me happy. It’s crazy to think that in just a couple of months that will be happening regularly. After D & Freya headed home, Jackson and I chilled. We watched shows and hung out in a giant pile of blankets & pillows on the couch. I read and journaled. Then watched GoT, which was amazing. It was a good day.
- I’m sad that the weekend is mostly over. It always goes too quickly.
- Oh well. Gotta make that money to pay for the house and all the beautiful things I want to buy to put in it.
We do these Sunday Seven posts over on Tumblr. I’m bringing the tradition to WordPress. You’re welcome.
- It’s Mother’s Day and my kid is in Texas. I’m sort of mopey about it. But the silver lining is that I got to sleep in and lounge around all day, which has been nice. Plus, he’ll be home tomorrow afternoon, and he called me today to say that he’s very excited to see me. Apparently he has a special gift for me, which is awesome, but really I just want to see his cute face and give him a hug.
- Dave is pretty sick. He has the flu I had last week. Poor guy. He has a fever, so we have been couch bound all day. And most of last night too.
- We watched The Witch. It was disappointing. Not scary at all. Hard to understand what everyone was saying. Kind of boring.
- We watched The Revenant. It was long as fuck. Sort of boring. Though that bear attack scene was intense as fuck. They probably could have cut out like an hour of Leo just dragging himself along, grunting, and looking miserable as fuck. I get it. No need to rub my face in it.
- D is watching WW II shit now, like he is wont to do. I’m blogging, reading, and drinking wine. We are still on the couch. I have a giant sectional loaded with pillows and blankets, so we are pretty fucking cozy. I’ve loaded D up with lots of drugs. I hope he feels better soon.
- New Game of Thrones tonight. We re-watched last week’s episode, which was bad ass. I can’t wait to see what happens with Zombie Jon Snow. Are D and I the only ones who seriously don’t give a shit what happens to Bran? Because ugh.
- Oh and we are ordering pizza for dinner. Because why not?
Peace out. xoxo
- I hate it. It’s a shitty way to end an otherwise completely fabulous weekend.
- This morning upon waking: Me: Good morning, Jackson. Him: Mom, wouldn’t it be cool if a penguin was on top of the Eiffel Tower? Me: Totes.
- Super productive weekend though. Work, cleaning, laundry, lots of kid bonding time, finished a book, read a novella, epic three hour nap, etc. For the record, if you dig horror you should check out The Mourning House by Ronald Malfi.
- Seeing my mom was cool. It went really well. I’m pleased. Hopeful even.
- Watching the season finale of Girls. My absolute favorite quote of this season was in the first half of this episode: “She has a lot to say about the feminist approach of being a fucking bitch.” I lol’d.
- I love Lena Dunham. I wish I had her confidence.
- I feel lucky and spoiled and not good enough all at the same time.
- Forever fucking tired.
- Busy week ahead. That’s part of what’s causing the anxiety.
- The end.
*Friday night: met our pals for drinks at a local brewery. Then we went out for steak. Ribeye. Mmm.
*Saturday we looked at homes. I think we’ve found “the one.” It’s brand new and beautiful. The floor plan is pretty much perfect for us. We need to work out a few details, but I’m optimistic. If nothing else, we have had a lot of productive discussions that will only help us moving forward.
*Saturday night was Handel’s Messiah at Powell Hall, followed by a lovely dinner at Wildflower.
*Today is a chill day. We went out for brunch, but our only other plans include the couch and a Love It Or List It marathon on HGTV. I love days like this.