Puzzle life –
Our wine rack finally showed up! We ordered it in like April, but it was custom built, so we had to wait a hot minute. Lol. We moved the pet station downstairs and put the wine rack in its place.
We need to buy some more wine, obvi. I’m excited about this. ☺️
We used the air fryer a lot this weekend. It’s a game changer!
Here we are being cute and shit:
You know you’ve gone hardcore Keto when…
Game night with the boys:
And now the weekend is over. Boo.
to keep from laughing at how absurd my weekend has been. We somehow worked-in both 1) an epic seven hour game of D&D, and 2) some insanely hot group sex. My life is shaping up to be pretty fucking awesome.
What’s funny is that immediately after #1, we got into a huge, ugly, drunken argument that turned into us both crying and carrying on like dramatic, hysterical assholes about basically nothing, and then we woke up the next day laughing at ourselves. It has happened before. It will happen again. And honestly? I wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s so us. It’s simply a side effect of living life so passionately.
The weekend was a whirlwind of activity and I didn’t really get a chance to post. I want to write a catch up post, but there was so much and my thoughts are a bit chaotic right now so this might be a mess.
- I finished Couch to 5k Week 3!
- Birthday dinner friday night with the family, followed by cupcakes and Super Smash Bros.
- D got me a lovely necklace.
- Freya is in a running club and she needs an adult to run a 5k race with her at the end of the season. She asked me to run with her!!
- We moved a bunch of our stuff in and essentially started living together this weekend. I think it went really well all things considered. I won’t lie though…it helped that the kids were both gone on Saturday night. It gave us all some breathing room.
- We went to see our house on Saturday afternoon. OMG so much progress has been made. The flooring is down. The bathroom shower is tiled. They’ve started installing the cabinetry in the kitchen. The mantles are up on the two fireplaces. It’s really looking good and I’m so excited to see more.
- Saturday night we hit up a couple of our favorite places to drink. Eventually we ended up at our favorite wine bar, which was super busy, but we got VIP treatment from the manager. It was pretty bad ass really. He waited on us himself and made sure we had a place to sit asap. I was super impressed by the customer service. Though, to be fair, we spend a lot of money there, and I’m a member of their wine club.
- And…then I got so drunk I left my credit card there. Oops. This is becoming a thing with me.
- After dinner, we went to see the new Star Trek movie. Hated it.
- Sunday stuff: I went to an outdoor concert with some girlfriends yesterday. Tribe Society, Collective Soul, and Goo Goo Dolls. Holy fuck it was hot as hell. We were all soaked after like an hour outside. It was fun though and I’m glad I went.
- There was an epic storm last night. The thunder and lightning was intense. Freya woke us up because she was scared so none of us (except Jackson) got very much sleep last night.
- I woke up feeling pretty homesick this morning. I missed my cat and my favorite blanket. My pillows. My fans. My bed. This is a big adjustment. That’s not to say that I’m not happy, just that it’s a lot of change all at once. I wish we were able to move straight into the house, but oh well. This will be way worth it. I’m going to bring the essentials over with me this week.
- I went and paid for the storage unit today. My lock is on it. The movers are confirmed for Thursday morning. This is actually happening!!!!
- My bestie is coming over tonight to help me pack and so we can have a last girls night in this place before I move out for good.
I have Sunday night anxiety in a big way. I haven’t had this in several weeks. I’m bummed that it’s back. I think it has something to do with the court hearing I have tomorrow morning.
In at attempt to quell said anxiety, I have taken two Tylenol PM. I am happy/proud to say that I haven’t had any Xanax or Lorazepam in over a month now. Go Jenn!
While I’m waiting to fall asleep, I figured I’d do a weekend recap –
- Friday night was very chill. The boy and I hung out at home. I did much reading. This has actually been a very reading intensive weekend. I finished four books (though 2 were novellas to be fair) and I started a fifth.
- I also started packing! I started with my closet. There is still a lot to do, but I can’t do more without acquiring some more packing supplies. I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow after work.
- Last night, D & I went out for dinner and drinks. We played some foosball. Then we headed over to The Ready Room for the Drowners/The Joy Formidable show. It was so, so, so good.
- Today (Sunday) has been very relaxing. I woke up with all of my loves in one place, which always makes me happy. It’s crazy to think that in just a couple of months that will be happening regularly. After D & Freya headed home, Jackson and I chilled. We watched shows and hung out in a giant pile of blankets & pillows on the couch. I read and journaled. Then watched GoT, which was amazing. It was a good day.
- I’m sad that the weekend is mostly over. It always goes too quickly.
- Oh well. Gotta make that money to pay for the house and all the beautiful things I want to buy to put in it.
We do these Sunday Seven posts over on Tumblr. I’m bringing the tradition to WordPress. You’re welcome.
- It’s Mother’s Day and my kid is in Texas. I’m sort of mopey about it. But the silver lining is that I got to sleep in and lounge around all day, which has been nice. Plus, he’ll be home tomorrow afternoon, and he called me today to say that he’s very excited to see me. Apparently he has a special gift for me, which is awesome, but really I just want to see his cute face and give him a hug.
- Dave is pretty sick. He has the flu I had last week. Poor guy. He has a fever, so we have been couch bound all day. And most of last night too.
- We watched The Witch. It was disappointing. Not scary at all. Hard to understand what everyone was saying. Kind of boring.
- We watched The Revenant. It was long as fuck. Sort of boring. Though that bear attack scene was intense as fuck. They probably could have cut out like an hour of Leo just dragging himself along, grunting, and looking miserable as fuck. I get it. No need to rub my face in it.
- D is watching WW II shit now, like he is wont to do. I’m blogging, reading, and drinking wine. We are still on the couch. I have a giant sectional loaded with pillows and blankets, so we are pretty fucking cozy. I’ve loaded D up with lots of drugs. I hope he feels better soon.
- New Game of Thrones tonight. We re-watched last week’s episode, which was bad ass. I can’t wait to see what happens with Zombie Jon Snow. Are D and I the only ones who seriously don’t give a shit what happens to Bran? Because ugh.
- Oh and we are ordering pizza for dinner. Because why not?
Peace out. xoxo