New sheets, cat cuddles, and a good book: the best Saturday vibes.
- I can tell I’m going to have a hard time adjusting to my new paralegal set-up. I’ve had the same assistant for the last ten years, and now she’s transitioning into a different position. I will still be working with her in my crim/traffic practice, but now have a staff of three new bankruptcy paralegals to rely upon, and I don’t wanna. lol. I want K. K is my person. I’m trying not to panic.
- I woke up feeling pretty shitty today, but otherwise in a good mood. The spring allergies are definitely trying to kill me. I also might be a touch hungover from the tequila and prosecco M and I shared last night. My face feels like it’s going to explode. No bueno. I need to stop somewhere in stl county and pick up some Claritin D. (You can’t get pseudoephedrine in my county w/o a prescription, because my county is fucking stupid).
- Speaking of last night, I had such a lovely time. Our relationship has def leveled up these past couple of months, and I am here for it. He really does feel like my actual boyfriend at this point. It’s nice.
- I stayed up late reading last night, and now I need another book. I have several unread books nearby, and a long to-read list on Goodreads, and still I search. It has to be exactly the right book for right now. That’s just how it goes for me. #booknerd
- This weekend has a lot of potential. Tonight is Friday night dinner date with my love, which is always the highlight of my week. How it’s possible to adore someone so much is beyond me, but it’s amazing. We are going to the outdoor beer festival at our neighborhood brewery tomorrow afternoon, which will be tits. N&N want to hang out, so maybe we will invite them along. The kids will be home, and I’d like to spend some quality time with them assuming they allow it. Fucking tween/teens, bro. Oh and I have a Zoom date with MVS on Sunday that I am very much looking forward to. Our first (virtual) date!
Happy weekending, y’all.
Not having to take Freya to practice in the morning. 🙌🏻
I felt a bit better today, so we went out for a bit.
It’s almost 4 pm, and I’m just starting to feel functional after having way too much fun last night.
This bottle of tequila was unopened when we arrived. Enough said.
And then also:
We did a pizza tasting. We got pizzas from 8 different places and did the usual blind tasting; then ranked our results. It was really fun, and interesting to see who liked what without having any preconceived notions.
There were also fancy desserts:
We continue to talk about the Napa trip we’ve been wanting to take. Though who knows when we will be able to make that happen given everything. *sigh* I’m really hoping to travel again in 2021. I don’t have time to waste!
Anyhoo – it was another super fun night with our besties. I’m excited for the Halloween party! It will be tiny this year, with just six people instead of the usual 30-40, but I honestly think it will be more fun that way.
I’m off to read. My friend wrote another book, and I’m really enjoying it.
I have had an awful headache all freaking day. I hope it’s gone when I wake up tomorrow.
I wasted the entire weekend. I did zero work. I mean…I did like housework, but no legal work. Whatever. Idgaf.
The calendar for the upcoming week is a fucking shit show: multiple court dockets per day and plans almost every night. Dis-motherfucking-like.
I got to see C today, and we opened our Secret Elf gifts. My lady fucking nailed it. C’s did too. We got lucky.
We put up the other two Christmas trees tonight, though one needs the lights replaced, so it’s not yet decorated. But here are the two that are finished:
And then this cuteness happened at bedtime:
Oh and I almost forgot: we finished TNG tonight. I’m still processing it, but I thought the last episode was great, and I’m sad that it’s over. However, I’m looking forward to re-watching the movies, and also checking out the other series. Oh and the new Picard series, of course.
I am having a bad body image day. It doesn’t help that I haven’t exercised in over a week. Gotta get back to it starting tomorrow.
While at the grocery store tonight, some random dude walked up and asked me if I wanted a carrot. I was like no thanks, and he was like are you sure. I’m like yep I’m good, but thank you. Then he walked away. D says he was just looking for an excuse to talk to me. I mean…okay, but that’s a fucking strange approach, bro.
I’ve given up on trying to understand people.
I’ve been in a weird mood all day. Everything feels like a lot. This headache definitely hasn’t helped.
Kitty and I are the only ones awake.