- Up too early.
- Dark & rainy.
- Fluffy white robe.
- Pumpkin white chocolate chip cookie & Diet Pepsi.
- Unlimited lives on Candy Crush.
We really tied one on last night, so tonight is a pizza, wings, and House of Cards on the couch kind of night.
On non-custody weekends, I consider the start of my weekend to be Thursday night, which is when the bf and I tend to get a little crazy. One or both of us typically wake up with a hangover on Friday morning. (Today it was his turn, apparently.) We both have stressful jobs, and it’s nice to just let go of all that crap and blow off some steam. We have a bunch of fun stuff planned this weekend. Tonight is our fancy date night, and I am excited. I’m planning on getting all dressed up, though I don’t know what I’m going to wear yet (but…expect a pic).
Also, today is hair cut/color day, so that’s fun, and also much needed. My hair is a fright. I’m considering trying something a little different. The bf surprised me this morning by telling me that he misses my short hair. I hear that from a lot of people actually. I guess I should take that under advisement, huh?
- Sleep in.
- American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Spend time with the bf and his daughter.
My day in pics.
1. Brunch with Robert at Gringo. Jax ordered pancakes at a Mexican restaurant. They were surprisingly good.
2. We walked to the park because it was gorgeous outside. We could hear Loufest (outdoor concert festival) from the playground.
3. Jax made a new friend at the playground.
4. There was much reading. Jojo Moyes is a new favorite author.
5. We headed to the boyfriend’s house and I helped him make beer. It’s a complicated process, but we had fun. It’s going to be an IPA, which we will be serving at my Halloween party. Hoppy Halloween…It’s cute, right? 🙂
6. I drank merlot while making beer. Yum.
7. Ended the evening playing video games with Jackson, which is his new favorite thing. The Wii U was a good buy.
- My knee is so swollen. The pain was so intense yesterday, that even after various pain pills, I was lightheaded and nauseous. It’s better today, but still pretty fucked. Despite this, I did #30DS Level 3, because I was getting depressed after two days of not working out.
- Even though he will not see it, I want to give a shout out to my ex for bringing Jackson to me yesterday when I told him about my knee. I’m lucky I have such a good parenting relationship with him. The few divorced people I know are not as lucky. He’s a good guy, and a great dad. Despite everything, we are getting along, and I am thankful for that.
- I’m back on Livejournal. (just_jenn2011 for now. I’m thinking a name change is in order or maybe I should go back to the original blog: lawgirljenn?) A friend reached out to me the other day and was like we miss you over here, and so I logged in yesterday (during my bed rest). It’s good to catch up, and to have a more private space to write in from time to time.
- Danielle is doing 30 Day Shred now. I’m hoping my knee improves so I can get over there to join her. Workout buddies are the best.
- Ann brought me dinner and ice cream last night. She’s the best bestie ever. ❤
- Tonight Jackson and I have a dinner date with itsjustcarrie and we are quite excited.
This weekend has been pretty awesome so far.
Did I ever mention the cat is now a permanent resident? Because she is. So far, so good. Except she hates Dave. Like a lot. They hiss at each other.
I got my drink on at 4Hands last night. I’m paying for it today. *ouch*
I bought those super cute sunglasses today at Target. I had to have them because polka dots.
Tonight Jackson and I have big plans to play Infinity (we bought two new characters) and watch a movie. Cuddle time.
Plans for tomorrow are up in the air. Im thinking they will include a walk to the bakery though. Yeah, that’s definitely happening.
- I have had a fantastic weekend, but it was crazy busy. I’m just now getting to spend some time alone/at home. It feels wonderful to just relax.
- Yesterday I did Shred Level 3 and a 3.4 mile run. Who’s a bad ass? I want to do it again today, but I’m not sure I have the energy (or willpower) to make it happen.
- I am so ready for my kid to be home. I’m counting down the hours. I’m hoping I’ll have him with me by tomorrow night.
- It occurred to me earlier that I’m really happy with my life right now, and I feel very fortunate.
- I think the cat is starting to like it here. It hasn’t been too bad having her this time around. In fact, I may even miss her a little bit when she goes home. Don’t tell anyone I said that. (If I try to get a cat, Dave is going to kill me)
- This morning I went for a walk with Rosa, her daughter, and her dog. The dog is a bull dog named Gizmo. He overheated and almost died. It was fucking crazy and scary. He is okay now, but it took most of the morning and early afternoon to get him stable.
- I am in the mood to do some serious shopping, but my bed is calling my name. I thinking I’ve earned the right to lounge about, with a glass of wine, re-watching episodes of Firefly. Or maybe reading. My current book is really good so far. Help For The Haunted. (#40!)
I leave you with my face. This was earlier this morning before the walk turned into a complete nightmare.
I love those sunglasses. Rack and Clutch is my new favorite thing ever.